Thursday, April 25, 2013

Vintage Supply Swap

Pretty paper, pretty ribbons….for me!!!! It’s been a while since I’ve done a swap and late one evening I saw Elizabeth at Creative Breathing was having a Vintage Supply swap and I was lucky enough to nab one of two slots left. Then the luck continued when Linda at Lutka & Co.   was assigned to be my partner.  Elizabeth said we’d be perfect together because:

She’s young…I’m, uh, not

She’s a jewelry maker and I don’t even know how to attach a jump ring.

She lives in an orchard and I’m jealous!

Sometimes I wonder about that Elizabeth  but I found we had a lot in common after all.  It’s so interesting making a new friend and getting to know that person through email, facebook, pinterest etc.  We both love vintage, we both sent a cigar box instead of the shoebox, and we both had some Senior Prom Drama going on and of course we both love pink!   I thought this was so clever the way she decorated one of the boxes.

  vintage swap 010

Clever Linda saw that our wedding anniversary is next week and made this wonderful box for us.  Love the poem on the inside lid and I loved all the trims and memorabilia tucked inside.

Linda's swap 002

Anyway I’ll shut up and just show you a slide show of all the fabulous stuff I received!

 

There were tons of vintage cards and I have very few original ones and also the adorable bluebird card she made. Beautiful origami papers, lace doily placemats, flowers, some quality felt in my very favorite color – turquoise and a 2 sided card with our wedding picture on one side and names on the other. This bookmark uses one of her beads that she makes – it’s so beautiful.

vintage swap 020

vintage swap 030

I adore this Bluebird button keep…she looks fabulous with anything I put her next to!  This card is so pretty using my very favorite flower – the hydrangea.

vintage swap 016vintage swap 018

She also included some oil pastels.  I’ve never used pastels before and was recently thinking how versatile pastels could be in some of the work I do.  Thanks so much to Linda for all the thought that went into this package of wonderfulness.  She has a store on Etsy so go take a look. 

Also, just in case you have missed it, Beverly of How Sweet The Sound, who hosts Pink Saturday has also started a Tuesday event – Blogshop. It’s a weekly place to go to link up and offer some things you want to sell or go shopping for some great deals!

 blogshop

Today I’m linking up with

Pink Saturday hosted by Beverly at How Sweet The Sound and also

Elizabeth at Creative Breathing who is hosting a link up for the Vintage Supply Swap.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. xo Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Oh, you flatter me! I'm an older mom, and you're a younger grandma - so we're not that far off in age :) Thanks again Nancy for being my swap partner. It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was awesome! Loved the wedding photo of you, that was so pretty. She did a great job. You had a great partner, too! I loved this swap, it was so much fun.
    Have a Happy Wedding Anniversary!
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much cuteness! Off to visit you blog swap partner and Happy Anniversary. Love the wedding pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these treasures you received are very dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your partner went to a lot of trouble to personalize your package! Did all that fit inside one cigar box?! Everything is just too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh looks like it was a wonderful swap ! and in case I miss it hope you have a wonderful, blessed anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks wonderful! I especially love all of those cute vintage cards and that sweet anniversary card. Happy Anniversary!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm losing my MIND!! I sure thought I commented on your post!! grrrr

    I know I read it while Bonnie and I were on our Junkin' Road Trip last weekend!! Guess I was too tired to push "publish" with my comment. I really did think I wrote one!

    Anyway, what a jackpot you hit with all of that awesome stuff!!! I'm sure you will put those great items to use in the most creative of ways!! LOVE your wedding photo!!!!!

    We went to the Junk Jubilee in Des Moines....and it was amazing! SO much cool stuff!! LOTS and LOTS of industrial items there. We don't see much of that in KC right now...we're always behind the times. I tried to snap a picture of some stuff, but the vendor was hanging around so I didn't want to tic him off!! :) I wanted you to see the booth for inspiration.

    The weather here is AWFUL!! We were in the 80s yesterday and in the 40s and falling today through Sunday. We've got rain and SNOW predicted.....and Sat. is a 5K that I several of my walking buddies have signed up for, as well as most of our running group...and it's gonna be miserable!!! I am having them over for breakfast afterwards.....whether they run or walk.....I still want them here. I think most will be!

    That being said...I need to go clean like a mad woman. At least Sat. is predicted to be cloudy, so I don't have to have everthing perfect. :)

    Have a great rest of the week!

    L, dana

    ReplyDelete