Thursday, November 28, 2013

Blog Neglect

Happy day after Thanksgiving…Black Friday….Pink Saturday…  I have certainly neglected this blog lately.  This is pretty much how I spent yesterday. Last week I caught an awful cold and just when I thought it was going to get better…wham. It settled in my chest. So other than making a cranberry salad I didn’t cook anything.  Jeff cooked the turkey, mashed potatoes, stovetop stuffing – yuk but I wasn’t eating it anyway – and some yams. No vegetables! And three of us ate on trays in the living room. He also made three pumpkin pies and something went wrong because one taste and they all went straight into the trash!

girls

I haven’t a clue what went amiss because I wasn’t even supervising!  Fortunately we had a backup apple pie that was delicious.  After spending most of the day holed up with my steamy vaporizer I wandered out of the bedroom to watch a little of the Longhorn/Texas Tech game with the boys.  Looks like it’s a win for the Longhorns.  Lilly Louise was unable to stay awake for the game even though she is a Longhorn fan.

IMAG0138

As you can sort of see the living room is not finished but I have high hopes it might be before Christmas. I hope you had a happy (and healthier than me) Thanksgiving. I’m going to join Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday and hopefully visit some of you guys.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    Happy day after Thanksgiving! How nice that Jeff cooked the Thanksgiving meal - I can't remember the last time Dean cooked. Though, I think if I asked, he would :) . I hope you are feeling better - take good care.
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once took a sick day on Thanksgiving and the family pitched in and did it all. I hope you are feeling better , love the vignette of you in bed with a cold! Happy PInk Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you and your family....this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is bad being sick anytime, but on a holiday is awful. Trust you will be well soon. I love Maxine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy, it has been way too long since I have visited. The Fall is always crazy busy because of our many trips to FL for the Gator home games. We are a family of Fl gators and now two of our grands are attending there. Their parents and my husband are alumni as well. Fun times but I am glad the last game of the season was yesterday. We are heading home to NC this morning.

    I am sorry you had to be sick on Thanksgiving. BUT, no cooking is not a bad thing. HA! Except for the bad pumpkin pies. Sigh. We are in Fl with our daughter and family and Thanksgiving was lovely. I do hope you feel better soon. I adore the photo of your pup on her back totally relaxed. So cute. Who is on the couch with her? I didn't know you were renovating your living room. I know it will be lovely when done with your touches with the decorating.

    Wishing you better and happy days.
    xoxoxo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about an extremely belated Happy Pink Saturday? I hope your cold is better. I am on week seven of the lingering effects of my cold. My worst issue is the sinus drainage which then sets me into coughing. Sure takes longer to feel better the older I get. hahaha

    Thank you for the visit to day one of my holiday home tour. This is a toughie for me because I am not great at taking photos of my home. Everyone has been pushing me, and I am making an effort to do better. Today the foyer, stairway and landing are featured. Tomorrow the living room, and I am laughing while trying to capture a few decent photos on this gray and rainy day.

    ReplyDelete