Friday, January 29, 2010

Gift It Forward

Oops…I forgot to sign up for Pink Saturday but I saw this great little opportunity on Flickr and decided to do it….

DSC05328

This isn't an exchange, but more of a "gift it forward" kind of thing. The people you make something for will not be making anything for you unless you happen to get on their list.


The first five (5) people to respond to this post in the comments on this Flickr pic will get something made by me - something REAL that you could actually stub your toe on if you left it lying around on the floor.

This offer does have some restrictions and limitations so please read carefully.


1. There is no guarantee that you will like what I make, although I really hope you do. And, remember, sometimes it's okay to tell a little white lie to spare a person's feelings. *sniff*
2. What I create will be just for you.
3. It will be done 3 months from the day I make my offer.
4. I will not give you any clue what it's going to be, so don't bother begging. ;-)
5. If you sign up to receive something from me, all you need to do is offer your own "Make 5".
6. I'm willing to ship anywhere in the U.S., but if you have geographical limits, please say so in your own post.
7. Since you're offering to Make 5 gifts, it's probably okay to sign up for 5 other people's "Make 5". Just follow your own heart on that. :)
8. Even though you sign up for others' Make 5, you might not actually get anything. It's probably best to plan to give with no expectation of a return gift. You just never know. :-)

I thought I’d post this here so hopefully I’ll get to send something to my bloggy buddies!  But you have to go to my Flickr page to sign up.  Click Here to go sign up and leave your name on my Flickr page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the last  16,345 days  I  have worn my wedding band and have never taken it off. From the time my new husband put it on my finger it’s never been off…never.   It must be shrinking because today my finger was so swollen Jeff had to CUT IT OFF!!!!!  Not my finger…the ring.  I’m not superstitious at least that’s what I keep telling that little cloud that’s hanging over my head and my finger that looks like an inner tube!  I’m going to have to have some sort of good luck ritual to be able to sleep tonight.  Sighing….good night all…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh yea, I actually am doing Pink Saturday after all.  Beverly at How Sweet the Sound is our hostess for a host of blogs sporting pink so stop and visit!

xoxo  Tardy Nancy

10 comments:

  1. "Not my finger…the ring."

    Well hurrah~And thank heaven...LOL
    I gasped, at first...!
    Oh poor poor girl...

    I do hope you get the ring resized or do find what is happening that you had swelling...
    That could have been dangerous.

    ............................

    Your passing on the creative love is so wonderful...I bet the those STUBBED TOES will be happy ones...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did he use to cut the ring off with....I hope it wasn't something powered by a motor!

    I've noticed my ring shrinking lately, too.....but I take it off when it gets too tight:) You've been a sweet wife to leave yours on for 16,345 days. OMG...I haven't done the math on the number of days I've been married. I don't know what sounds longer.....the many years or the many days since we said "I do"!! Either way....it's been a long time!

    I just did the Flickr thing...I don't know if I did it correctly or not, however! I'm not real bright when it comes to such computer challenges! However, the Make 5 idea is so sweet!!

    Hope your Sat. is great. My hubs and I just saw Mel Gibson in Edge of Destruction. It was pretty good ...we're still trying to figure out a few details about the movie.

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here, I'm here. E-mail me if you want me to add you to the list for today.

    Your poor finger and your poor ring. Don't worry, I'm pretty certain you're still married.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I am picturing your poor finger!! I can't wait to see your PIF. I'm looking forward to doing it with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very good thing your husband cut the ring off - if it was that embedded, it means your circulation was being cut off, and you could have ended up losing your finger! Now he has a great excuse to get that ring sized just a little larger (and more comfortable) for you, and has the fun of putting it on your finger all over again! So make it a romantic occasion: candlelight, soft music, all that stuff...

    Meantime, give your poor finger a week to recover.

    Happy Pink Saturday, and stop worrying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,

    What a gorgeous photo on this post. I am sorry about your finger, but it was good to remove the ring. It can be repaired.

    Nancy, if you go on flickr and the click on edit, you will go to Picnik. Hit CREATE and see add text. add text to the little box on the upper left hand corner, and browse the text you love best. Then save as a copy to your flickr. It's sssssssssssssoooooo fun.

    I hope you are feeling better.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ♥ to come here on Pink Saturday. Your blog is always so sweet and comforting. Cold and gloomy winter up here this year so Pink Saturday is one day I can always count on for a little pink ray of sunshine.

    You are SO funny! Yes, you did you Pink Saturday☺

    Thanks for being my pink sunshine today☺

    Wishing you the comfort and warmth of those you love this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy
    Love the Pink Saturday picture. The pink frosted cake looks delicious! Hope your wedding ring finger is doing better :-)
    Good luck with the Sheltie rescue - please stop by and let me know when you hear the good news ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What darling creations - I'm sure whoever wins will love what you make.

    Don't despair, just get that ring sized up a bit. And you can let your DH put it right back on your finger.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL..Ms Boog Padawan seems to enjoy toliet water...LOL
    Too gross!
    LOL LOL

    APPLAUSE for your Q's!!!!

    ReplyDelete