Thursday, December 11, 2008

My picture for Pink Saturday is a little border of Pooh and his sweet little pink friend Piglet. Those two are the best of friends...and speaking of friends...I want to thank all of you for the sweet and very personal messages you left on my smilebox wedding slide show. Isn't it amazing that there is such a connection to each other in this blog community? Almost a year ago I would never have suspected that through this blog I would meet so many people that I now consider friends! Someone commented that blogging must be an awful lot of "work"....nope...it is such a relaxing thing for me. A place where I can also drop in on you guys any time of the day or night where there is always something interesting going on - new babies, pictures of grandchildren, recipes, home tours, swaps...and then there are sad times like Kari and Kjisa experienced with their dad's passing or Rhonda's mom's illness. How wonderful to see the prayers and messages of sympathy and encouragement that poured in by the hundreds. I learned from the Nester that "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful" - such a liberating concept for me. Then through her I met June and her crazy pet family on ByeByePie - an instant pick-me-up as is that little traveling Stone Rabbit up in MO.! Pink Saturday and Shades of Inspiration prompted me to get out my camera and look at the world around me in a new way. My blog is a place where I never get a blank stare for being excited about finding an old ledger or box of yellowed receipts because you guys see possiblities in them - we all seem to get each other. So thank you all for allowing me to share in your lives and for being a part of mine. I feel I've found my own little corner of the "wood" where friends can help me count all the bees in the hive with no explanations needed or get a honeypot off my nose! (Hope you have your sound on) ......
To the uneducated, an A is just three sticks.” A.A.Milne
sort of why a blog is more than just three sticks!
XOXO Nancy
P.S. That pretty ironing board cover came from Marshall's. It was about $12.00 and is a Laura Ashley (or another similar brand) and I only got it about a month ago so they may still have them. The padding is part of the reversible cover and it works really smoothly.
P.S.S. Thank you Beverly at HowSweetTheSound for hosting today.

17 comments:

  1. You are so right my dearie! So right. For without blogs, we would perhaps never have met. Makes a big world, a little more small and cozy. Perfect post.

    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my Site. I watched the slideshow of your Son's wedding. Everything was absolutely beautiful.
    You asked about the falling snow. Another blogger graciously shared the following link with us. Have fun! : )

    http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2008/12/simple-snow-effect-widget-for-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nancy, Winnie The Pooh is a favorite of mine as well as the music. I love this post and it is just like that isn't it...our corner of the wood, where inspirational kindred spirits are waiting to be met. Have a lovely Pink Saturday.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally agree,the world has shrunk,and i for one am glad...ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Nancy, I too agree, it is amazing how many bloggers we have and they are so friendly and imformative. I learn something new every day just by blogging.

    Sondra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Snow!!!Have a wonderful Saturday...you're soooo right...last Christmas I was blogless and clueless about the amazing connections just a mouse click away...It's a small world after all...I love visiting your ever-widening and ever-tightening circle of friends. You may have had to drag me along by the heels, but I'll always thank you for introducing me to this new world and to the many friends we have made along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LaVerne - you know I can't go anywhere without you! Thanks for coming along...love ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally relate to the sentiments on your post today Nancy! I always get the comment about my blog must take soooo much time. Oh and the part about looking at the world differently since blogging. It definately has enhanced my everday life experiences. Have a wonderful day in your "woods"

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a lovely post. You describe the sisterhood of blogging perfectly (and sorry, guys, I didn't mean to leave you out, but pink Saturday is mostly us girls!)

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you: blogging is not a lot of work; however, it does take time, but that's time well spent! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice post and I love the Poohs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so agree with what you said Nancy! I was at an estate sale of a antiques dealer that passed away today. I knew that my friends in blogland would have been going crazy at all the wonderful stuff for sale. The prices were a little high but I managed to still spend money. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, this is such a wonderful Pink Saturday post. I appreciate you being a part of our group.

    Pooh and Piglet are a perfect example of dear friends. They are always there for each other.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, I echo your sweet comments about this amazing blogging community--you said it all so well! What a wonderful group of "friends"--- so kind, creative, caring, funny, interesting, smart, talented folks---endless the gifts they all share with us! What joy they all bring to our lives. And you, Crafting Nancy, thank you for bringing so much to my life! You were one of my first blogging buddies--I have so enjoyed learning about you, your family, your creations and interests! Thank you for adding us (The Stone Rabbit and me) on your sweet post today!!!!) L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pooh and Piglet..such friends. It's amazing that thru the internet and also from blogging, I have met the most amazing women..2 of whom I count as dear friends. This is a wonderful community and I am so appreciative of each and everyone that visits my blog..and I tryly love when someone leaves a comment. Thru Beverly and Pink Saturday, I have "met" more lovely people..I am so thankful...:).
    Happy belated Pink Saturday and have a most lovely week..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your snow fall and holly leaf... FUN seasonal decor on you blog!

    ReplyDelete