Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa Will Find You

I decided to link this post to Kimba's open house that's been going on all day. I'll be number 208 so only you real gluttons for blog decorating punishment will make it here! LOL Then there's another tour of homes at Hooked on Houses whose house I'm hooked on because it's so darn pretty. So here is my already done post:

Man, was I in a Christmas funk this year. The Roost was decorated, the church was decorated...even my blog is decorated. My house - not so much - actually not at all! Buut I finally got my tree up...well actually we're a tag team. Jeff puts it up strings on the lights and turns it over to me. It's one of those that has h branches, then i, then j and so on meaning it's a lot of work - not one of the stand it up flip a switch kind. My grandson and granddaughter (oh I love saying that!) sorted and fluffed and we got it all together then it sat there for a week while I was at church decorating there. And I started thinking that hmmm...maybe I'd stick on some bows and call it done. For the first time in years our Christmas Eve party won't be at my house. My daughter in law is having it and at first I thought no way but then realized that if my kids start having it maybe they'll always continue the tradition. (We just round up our family, cousins, inlaws, and inlaws of anyone and everyone brings one gift that ends up in a huge pile. We draw numbers and then steal from each other) So who would care if I didn't decorate?
Then Friday night at midnight I had a glass of eggnog and Southern Comfort...(actually more like a glass of Southern Comfort laced with eggnog!) and got to work and two hours later I was done!


My sister always had the prettiest tree and I'm so glad I have a few of her ornaments...I really miss her most at Christmas and when I put her ornaments on the tree I can almost feel her there with me.

Okay...enough of that before I get all weepy again! My kitchen is wacky and whimsical and how pathetic am I that I didn't even dig out the kitchen tree stuff and decorations?!? Worse than that I just hit up Goodwill and St. V de P. My vintage Santa made it down from the attic. (Like me he hate's the stairs so hence only once a year for him!) I grabbed some of the stuff I bought to alter and didn't; then, called in the chickens to do double duty as Christmas decorations. Look I don't even have a small Christmasy tablecloth since I didn't have this round table last year.
It's beginning to look a bit more festive in here...
And just look at those dancing reindeer I found this year. I don't even care that two of them were lost when I bought them. Hey - maybe Santa has two and these six are lost! I do believe after all that....
Santa will find me!!!! Is that not the best new Christmas song you've heard in a long time? So...how about you kringles...are you decorating still? done? doing the same as always? I've heard of a lot of people just not doing as much this year. I'm definitely not doing much more this year, however next year I may put my house on the Heritage House tour so really I should start getting ready for that in January! Any volunteers to come help me? LOL

Y you guys! Nancy

7 comments:

  1. Nancy.....Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment!!!!! You know how much that means :) Sometimes I feel like giving up on my blog because I don't get any comments....then....I get a few new nice blogging friends that leave sweet comments and I am hooked again....LOL It doesn't take much! Love your blog and your decorations this year even though you didn't go hog wild! Looks wonderful to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Nancy; I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one, I still have boxes and bags of Christmas Decorations in my garage. I did not even get the out side done. I just was not able to do it all. I love how yours turned out your tree is so pretty. As every things else is. Great job. Hey I would be glad to help you out in Jan... ha ha

    Have a great week.
    hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute kitchen you have! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, well I like my eggnog with rum. The chicken in the hat box made me smile. Thanks for the tour of your lovely home!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just love your blog, which is all decorated for Christmas and looks so cheery! Your blog header is so sweet and pretty! I just smiled the entire time I was here.

    Your home is beautiful, and I really like your vintage Santa, who is just too cute. What a fun stop on the holiday tours today. Thanks so much for joining my blog party and inviting us in! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

    Merry Christmas!! -Julia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,
    Your tree is beautiful, and I am sorry you are missing your Sister. I know missing our loved ones is hard. I finally blogged a thank you for the kitten hankie tonight, I have been so far behind and it a little funk myself. Sending you a big hug, just because.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete