Saturday, December 27, 2008

Pink Saturday

Auld Lang Syne History & Lyrics
Auld Lang Syne (The Good Old Days) is a song traditionally sung at midnight when horns are blown, confetti is thrown, and a general party atmosphere is created to ring in the New Year with happiness and hope for a bright and prosperous year. The outgoing year is often represented by an elderly man known as Father Time and the new year is represented by a baby known as Baby New Year.
Robert Burns wrote the lyrics to Auld Lang Syne in the 1700's.
Auld Lang Syne
Robert Burns
Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear, For auld lang syne, We'll take a cup o' kindness yet For auld lang syne
We twa hae run aboot the braesAnd pou'd the gowans fine; we've wander'd mony a weary foot Sin' auld lang syne
We two hae paidled i' the burn, Frae mornin' sun till dine; But seas between us braid hae roar'd Sin' auld lang syne
And here's a hand, my trusty friend, And gie's a hand o' thine; We'll take a cup o' kindness yet For auld lang syne
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,and never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear, For auld lang syne, We'll take a cup o' kindness yet For auld lang syne
Wishing all of my Pink Saturday friends
A Prosperous and Happy New Year.

19 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too Nancy! I wish you 52 pink and pretty Saturdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the history of the song....I love information like that. Happy New Year to you,too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Nancy!!
    I missed pink this week...Busy playing in the snow! lol

    Thank you for your sweet comment:)
    Went on a four mile up hill walk today...pre start for the new year!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy! What great info---thank you!!
    I know you are gearing up for a good health New Year! I will keep you in my thoughts as you work toward your goal. I just went back to my exercise class last night--the first one on three weeks. OOOOOH, it was painful, but in a "good" way! :) On Mon. nights, we have a Youngin' putting us through the works---she's half my age, but she expects us to work hard. I appreciate the challenge and in the long run, it's what I need. Today, I finally get my hair hi-lighteed (had to miss my appt. because of bad weather a couple of weeks ago), so I will stop by the gym after that and work out on the cross trainer and the stationary weights. I hate that (would must rather take a fun class), but I need to get serious again about the exercise part of my life and do something every day!

    I missed you on Pink Sat--I'm sorry! I hope your weekend was great---I'm so glad you had a good outing with your buddies! I also hope you have a great New Year!!! Your MO blogging buddy, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Lovely Pink Saturday! Thanks for the info on the song. I didn't know it was written that long ago! Have a great day!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Pink Saturday Miss Nancy,
    and Happy Happy New Year.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first pink Saturday..... Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink Saturday.. thanks for sharing..hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  10. And a very Happy New Year to you also. What a sweet graphic. :)ellenL

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice to be reminded of that song - for some reason I didn't hear it this New Year where I was celebrating! Have a wonderful Pink Saturday, and a great 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for giving us some new info...love your page
    God bless
    Kandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you've had a lovely Pink Saturday..and Happy New Year to you as well....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year to You! Happy Pink Saturday to You, too! ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, you, Happy Pink Sat! I know this is on LAST Saturday's post--you didn't slip that by me!! :)

    Please stop my my spot----it's my 100th post today. Come help me find the perfect Pink Giveaway--you MUST sign up to be entered in the drawing!!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty collage! Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Pink Saturday and a very Happy New Year to you, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nancy

    Happy New Year to you as well.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete