Monday, October 11, 2010

Notes From Sheltieville

Ahhh – this weather – it's so beautiful it's hard to stay indoors!  It was perfect to have coffee outside this morning.  While Jeff went to pick up some fabulous old french doors for our shed Iris and Lillie and I headed outside.  Me?  Just happy to sit and watch as Iris smelled every inch of her new yard and see how Lil was so contented to lay on the pea gravel by the shed.    

DSCN4697

After a while Iris found a good sunny spot to rest and then decided to join Lillie.

DSCN4698

It was just over a year ago that Lillie came to live with us – so scared and shy never in her two years being away from her sheltie family.  She's the most adorable sweetest and cutest thing now and obviously loves us as much as we love her.  And now we have Iris who after only a week is starting to trust us.  She's still a little skittish but loves the attention she's getting and I think the four of us are a perfect fit!  The first night she was here I thought – this will never work….she's too sad and scared….and I wasn't going to make her live her life this way and now?  Perfect!  They're just perfect!  Alone and together. 

collage

I can't wait to get some work done in our yard after the long, hot and dry summer we've just had.  So here's a couple of non-sheltie pictures of part of the backyard.  I'm hoping this week to get some pansies planted and spend less time on the computer! (Don't be intimidated by the high goals I set for myself – lol)  That's it for me from Sheltieville!  Hope you have a wonderful week.

I'm joining Mary at The Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.  If you love making mosaics you'll love this!

10 comments:

  1. Your babies are beautiful. Lovely girls! I have always loved the sweet faced look of these dogs. :) It's a Lassie thing, I think!

    Good luck with your yard work. I've been saying I'll do the same kind of yard work for a couple of years now. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. One has to fall in love with your two sweet dogs! It is such a shy race, but they are so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty your dogs are and I love your yard. The patio looks wonderful. What a great spot to relax!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. such pretty girls...lucky to have you as their Mommy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post for Mosaic Monday. Lovely photos of your shelties...love the adjusted images...they are pretty girls indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. Your shelties are gorgeous. They are the best dogs ever. My mom has one and he is just a saint. Thanks for sharing.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who needs pansies when you have a gorgeous Lillie & Iris in your yard?! Glad they are settling in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful collage! It looks like a postcard.

    Erika B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, your flower girls are just precious! I am so glad Iris is settling in and seeing just how lucky she is to have been snatched up by you and Jeff and Lille.

    We've had rain here in KC....it had been a couple of weeks without it and everyone was going crazy trying to do the fall seeding....without the help of God's natural watering! The sprinkler systems were going hot and heavy just like they did all summer. In fact, it was raining yesterday when I did my "run". It was interesting trotting around the neighborhood streets with my glasses fogging over! :)

    Hope you have a terrific week....I have the gr. girl....we're working on her hween costume. She's gonna be ANNIE!! :)

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheltieville is it? The weather has been perfect...I've been involved in getting ready for the Garden Ridge Show and projects with Mother so I haven't been out as much as I would have liked...but morning coffee in the early chill has been a rare treat. The lovely ladies,the flower girls look so at home in the yard. Lovely pictures. LaVerne

    ReplyDelete