Friday, October 1, 2010

The Perfect Pink Iris


209

We went in search of the perfect Iris today.  You've seen my purple irises and my yellow irises… and my gorgeous pink crinum lilies.  But we are in need of a special Iris.

Crinum3 

I just happen to know just where to go to find the perfect Iris….with the help of Lillie Louise!

 DSCN4547  

So off we went winding our way through the beautiful Texas Hill Country. 

DSCN4565

Driving far off the main road….Past the tank….through the cattle guards

DSCN4558

and the cows

DSCN4560

To visit our old friend Ann Debo and sitting right by her is Iris!  A perfect Iris!  In this picture from left to right is Iris,  Ann, and Grandma – Iris mother and Lillie Louise grandmother.

DSCN4579

Aren't they cute?  Little bookends…Iris and Lillie and I think they are perfect and I'm just dying to tell you that we're a two dog household now!  Lillie's mother and Iris were littermates and Iris has had several  litters herself but she's done with her puppybearing years and she's ours.  Lillie is thrilled and Iris is a bit shy with us but I think soon she'll be just fine.
DSCN4585

Hope you enjoyed my Pink Saturday offering – go visit Beverly at How Sweet The Sound  who is our PS host.

xoxo – Nancy, Lillie and Iris!  I am dead tired tonight so this post  may contain exxors!!

7 comments:

  1. Lillie's dog-aunt? Oh my gosh!! How exciting...can't wait to meet her. Lillie is going to be in dog-heaven since she grew up in such a multi-dog household...and then she was an only child...but now she has a playmate...I totally fell for your iris intro...where is that girl going to find an iris in October?...and out in the country? yup, I didn't see that one coming...great post. Tell Jeff congratulations...still adding to the family at his age!!! Contratulations from the Johnsons and our Ladybird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. Everytime I let my kitty write a post, so many typos! Good thing my kitty is cute, just like your doggies. Thanks for sharing for PS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aweeeee, Lillie is a doll !! Happy Pink Saturday !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet dogs-and a wonderful drive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Nancy, I'm dabbing tears right this minute!! It's just WONDERFUL that you have added Iris to your household...and that adorable Lillie Louise must be sooooo happy to have another furbuddy to pal around with!!

    Yeah, you got me too with that PINK Iris thingy!! I was thinking you'd had too many trips to the doc's lately!! :)

    This is just super....looking forward to lots of posts about your babies!

    HPS...L, Dana

    PS....What a wonderful Oct. poem and creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finding the perfect Iris. She's darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, this Pink Saturday post makes me smile and warms my heart. Thank you for sharing this sweet story.

    And, Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete