Monday, March 31, 2008

Pay It Forward from Ralyn





One of the things I really wanted to find at the Round Top Antique Fair was vintage seam binding. I found a wonderful sewing basket with a few sewing notions that included about four or five packages of it. Feeling lucky, I met up with my hubby for a show and tell - "Look what I found" and from around the corner I hear "I wanna see, I wanna see". It’s the busy shop owner and she looked at my basket and said "I had a huge bag of seam binding but never thought about bringing it!" She just didn’t think anyone would be interested in it. So I asked about buying it and would she ship it and she hesitated and then said oh heck I’ll just mail it to you - you can have it - just pay it forward. I gave her my card and proceeded to chase her around her tent to thank her because she was so busy helping customers. You never know when a blessing is going to cross your path. Her name is Ralyn and she has fabulous shabby stuff. She and her partner have so much incredible stuff they have the whole tent. (Carnival, reception tent - not a little backyard shade tent!) This was Preview weekend. Next weekend is the real show. DO NOT collect $200, do not pass GO, Go directly to Just Us. American Legion Field. About the third tent back. Look for Ralynn. You can’t miss her - she’s the one with the angel wings!

2 comments:

  1. Nancy, just got back to cold dreary Chicago, but had a great time in TX and Round Top - we must have been like two ships passing in a sea of antiques! Found lots of cool stuff, but seaside stuff must be awfully popular there, and pricey! I have some good ideas for your Tea by the Sea though! Got to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What fun! And what a deal, getting some VINTAGE SEAM BINDING FOR FREE! HOOOOWWW KEWEL!! I love that stuff! So glad you had fun. ;)
    Hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete