Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Saturday Morning Bargains



I really found some buys at a couple of garage sales Saturday morning. I asked about this wooden thingy -very disinterested-ly of course - and the lady told me it was a sewing machine cover- hmmm (birdhouse my brain was screaming) looking at this picture now it's sort of saying Casket but anyway........ When I asked the price she said just make me an offer so I said I'd give her a dollar if she'd throw in those three games over there - after all they were OLD with wooden pieces - not even the newer ones inferring I'd practically be doing her a favor getting this stuff off her hands and out of her driveway. Holy cow - she took it. My hubby wanted to know what the heck I was going to do with it and I told him HE was going to alter it and make a birdhouse and sell it at the art show in April. He's all into it now and it's going to be a church birdhouse. The problem is I never want to sell this stuff once it's done!



One dollar - I just amaze myself sometimes! Makes up for some of my incredibly amazingly extra stupid things I've come home with on other occasions!



Oh Susan in Seattle- here's your package. Wish I could drop it off personally and have some of those delicious pastries and coffee you blog about but I'll have to mail!

2 comments:

  1. That's a jackpot win! Too cold here for garage sales yet...but soon!

    So are you ready for a game of tag? 'Cuz I have tagged you swap partner! You are it!

    :) Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooooo funny! I love your blog, it has such character, and you "say" things as though you're in conversation with whoever is reading... love your words and did I mention you are just too funny? You really made me laugh!

    I have to agree the picture of the future altered birdhouse... does look like a casket of sorts... at least that was my first thought! Wow! And all that stuff for a dollar! Amazing!

    See ya!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete