Sunday, March 16, 2008

Button Up




As coordinator for Community in the Women's group at my church we host a Mother's Day tea every year at the assisted living center. I've made fresh flower corsages ; paper flower corsages from an old hymnal so this year I thought why not make little button bouquets. Oh my gosh - they looked so quick and easy. Easy maybe but are they ever time consuming. So the first ones I wrapped with florist tape - way too labor intensive. I finally got in a groove and came up with these:


Now I only have to make 120 more button flowers to finish this little project. What was I thinking!?

3 comments:

  1. Your button bouquets are addorable. Check out the spools I did also with vintage buttons and ribbons. I noticed in the summerset challanges there one for spool wrapped memories. You should take a look. Yours could be expanded upon for submission.
    Thank you for the compliment on my painting for the mother goose swap.
    Blessings,
    Terisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Nancy! I also had a similar idea but not to make that many! Eeek! You are ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea, Nancy... and you are making me go down memory lane today.... My mother's club hosted a Mother/Daughter's Tea on Mother's Day every year. My two grandmothers, sister, mother and I attended almost every year. Mom, my sister and I did every year. That was soo much fun, I miss those days!
    ;)Hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete