Thursday, August 21, 2008

Swaps

Swapper's Anonymous
I need some help - honestly. I can't seem to control my swap/ibb urges. I was delighted to do this itty bitty book and was almost waiting in a Flickr line to sign up.
Then along came Marie and I just knew I'd regret it if I didn't join in. Plus I brushed up on my French history. (Watching the dvd Marie Antoinette counts doesn't it???)
In the meantime I wouldn't have missed this for anything. Sooo creative and the tutorials for the group are just wonderful. Really I should have stopped here.Then today I saw this and it's waaaay off. Is my name Nancy Scrooge? Nuuuu. No way did I want to miss this.
And tomorrow is the last day for this one which I absolutely was not going to do. Geez, though. Wouldn't it be selfish of me to not do my part for such a good cause. So tonight I ......well you know.
Then I remembered this! I don't know what possessed me. I really don't remember signing up for this - I'm not much of a Fairy person. I think maybe I did it in my sleep.
This is going in the mail tomorrow or Monday - the Halloween tussie mussie swap.
And my husband is asking questions now..."At least if you're going to do a page for a book why don't you make it big?" Well, because it's called the Itty Bitty Book club - Not the Big OLE Giant Book club! Sheesh - husbands - they just don't get it! Sooooo, if you have a swap problem like me or better yet if you are Worse than me Puhlease leave a message so when my husband noses around my blog he'll think " why she's not so bad after all"!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I know, swaps are just too addictive! Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only signed up for one and don't know how I'll find time to do it! I don't even know what to do with it either as I've never done this before. I love what you are participating in and I know they'll be great. I also enjoyed your "mistreatments". I have solved that problem with this home. I haven't put any up and probably won't! We have those 2" faux wood (white) blinds everywhere and I personally like that look --- for now. I can see later wanting to add to it. BAT FESTIVALS----OMG. I can't imagine such a thing. ick. I prefer sweet little butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's addictive, no doubt about it...I'm in as deep as you, and you got me started back with Artsy Mama's Vintage Party Swap...but I've gone a step farther, I've signed up for Jane DesRosier's Prim doll making class...It's online,just announced today... it's reasonable ($35) and I've been such a fan of her work.She had short videos on MySpace showing how she created one of her angels. She uses lots of wax... I almost feel guilty telling you about it...like a dealer and a junkie...just one more, you know you want it...but if it's as cool as I think it's going to be, you'll never forgive me for going behind your back to add another hobby(Yes, I remember my New Year's Resolution 2006, but I didn't keep it four months then so it's a little late to bring that up now.) I don't know if my comment will ease Jeff's worries or if he and Mike will start blocking our calls and emails for fear that we might be classic enablers to each other. Hey...what are friends for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have signed up for my first two swaps-both Halloween themed- It looks like such amazing fun- I'm sure some day soon I will try an itty bitty book swap but right now I am going to just these two. Wait what is that Sweet and Sinster thing on the side that I see? HMM. I may have to jump on that link. I will let you now what happens.

    ReplyDelete