Friday, September 4, 2009

Pink Saturday 50’s Style

How handy it was this week when the mall where we have our space opened  their newest showroom right next to our booth and it’s Pink Pink Pink!

50sroom

Across from our booth is the 60’s room: Doesn’t it scream “Mad Men”? or does anyone watch that show?

DSC08388

And next to that the 1970’s display.  Groovy, huh?  All you 30 somethings and 40ish kids should Showroom3 remember some of this stuff.  Looks like it’s right out of an old decorating book!

My growing up memories are more from the late 50’s and early 60’s, however, and all this pink and grey and black makes me feel right at home.  Does anyone remember these little jukebox selection boxes right at your diner booth?

DSC08401

Love this pottery….

DSC08378

And the lucky few who had a pink telephone.   (Not us because you had to pay extra for anything other than a black phone!)

DSC08379

Poodle skirts and neon clocks!

DSC08384

And a black ceramic panther usually on the television console.

DSC08385

I think the King would be right at home in these rooms.

DSC08386

He’d probably really approve of Pink Saturday, don’t you think? 

Still need more Pink?  Visit our host… Beverly at How Sweet The Sound where there are lot’s of other pink places to visit. 

Now here’s my recommendation for the Pink Saturday Blog Discovery -

Lynn’s blog – It’s a July Thing – is a  riot to visit.  I think I will stalk Lynn from now on because she doesn’t do anything half fast!!!! Read her blog…you’ll see why. LOL 

xoxo Nancy

aka Longhorn Nan

longhorn Hook ‘em Horns!!!!

 

22 comments:

  1. Nancy, What a great blog, of course I remember all the things from the 50's, it was a great period in our history.

    Happy Labor Day weekend.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday!


    Love this retro pink post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,
    The pink phone was amazing. I feel deprived. Our family also had the black version and I had no idea it came in pink. Somehow I don't think my former Marine father would have gone for it though.

    Peeked around in your blog and I loved the altered book you were making. Great quotes and visually a feast for the eyes!

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like looking at the 50's and 70's room. The orange room is a lot of fun. And I like the little jukebox. Very cute! :-)

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa!! You hit the PINK JACKPOT, Nancy!! I LOVE all of the booths you shared.....makes me want to hitch up a trailer to my van and come visit your mall!! I ALWAYS wanted a pink phone!! And yes, I'm certain The King would approve of Pink Sat!!!

    Have a great Labor Day weekend! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is very nice posting.. love the photos.. and look at the pink dishes! stunning! Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your post Nancy!!
    What fun things to look at and buy!

    Have a blessed weekend:)
    Happy PS!

    Hugs,
    KayEllen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at your post brings back old memories for sure. Nice job!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pink phone...I am having a-give-away to celebrate my 1 month Blogoversary.... so come on over and check it out... We will be picking a winner Late Monday night , and posting the results then...Have a wonderful Pink week and I hope to see you next week...
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. well Miss Nancy... what a groovy post! (oh my! did I just say "groovy" for the first time in 35 years?! LOL)

    have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    hugs. Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Before I run off to visit your suggestion had to tell you how much fun i had reading your post!

    The pink dinner ware w/ black and white checkerboard!! YUMMM

    I would love to have you stop by if you get a moment... always love visitors.

    TTFN~~Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool retro stuff, and it makes me smile really big :-)) to say it was just a teeny bit before my time!! ;-)

    Love Lynn!!! She is a wonderful writer, very funny and smart and just an all around great gal !!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right! The King would approve of Pink Saturday - and my mother loved The King!!!

    I do remember all of the looks in the rooms you featured. And, I admit that my parents once had a pink phone installed for me. But, it clashed with my "decor", and it was replaced by a white phone. I couldn't possibly have had a phone that didn't match. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that pink phone.
    Happy Pink Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous space! I love all the pink and black. I do remember those in-the-booth jukeboxes! I always loved them. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a good sign, lovely pics, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that pink and black room! I'm more the groovy generation but I do love retro pink!
    Have a wonderful weekend Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wherever do you think they found such color coordinated treasures? They must have a vast storeroom where the "off-color" merchandise is stored until they have enough to do a color theme...fabulous looks...great job on the post...I'm off to visit your recommendations...enjoy the week...LaVerne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heeeeyyyy!
    Thanks for the "Nod!"

    Perhaps you may notice that I am #17 on your stalker list!

    Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have got to come visit you! The 60's and 70's rooms are priceless! I had a friend whose house looked alot like the 70's room and we just thought her mom was the greatest! (now maybe not so much lol) And that pink pottery is to die for! Hope you're having a great week. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just now getting around to all the blogs to see the lovely Pink.Great pitures of the past.
    ENJOY!
    ~Jany~
    Don't forget to "Look in the Nook"

    ReplyDelete