Friday, December 10, 2010

Favorite Christmas Movies

Favorite Christmas movies?   Hmmm...
The ususal of course...
It's A Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol - the one with George C Scott, and to watch with the kids and later grandkids - A Christmas Story.  (Actually I like any movie that is narrated by a man with a southern drawl remembering his "wonder years" growing up.)  Also – you just have to love Home Alone.

However - one of my favorite Christmas movies hardly ever airs anymore.DSCN4713  It was a made for tv movie and starred Patricia Neal as the mother DSCN4808 of a slew of Waltons - The Homecoming from 1971.  DSCN4919 Dad was trying to get home for Christmas during a snowstorm during the Depression and John Boy (Richard Thomas) is dispatched to find him. DSCN5039 I wasn't a huge fan of The Waltons tv show but I loved that movie. DSCN5478 It's a lot grittier than the series. I haven't seen it for years and I think I'm going to hunt it up and watch it.Now how did all of those pictures get in here??? Thisimageis the one I meant to put here!

Good night, Beverly….Good night Lillie….Good night Johnboy! Good night Pink Saturday!

10 comments:

  1. That is a good movie. I like the TV series, and the movie as well.
    Happy PS
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing that,Nancy, and I also haven't viewed it in years. Patricia Neal had the best gravelly and sultry voice, didn't she?

    I see I've missed your match box posts...bad me!! I will return and read them and truly enjoy each and everyone! My life has be WILD for about two weeks......eeeeeek! I hope things slow down cuz Christmas is coming way too fast!

    Nite to you and Happy Pink Saturday, too! L, dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a terrific movie. I have not seen it in a while but it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute post, made me smile....good night to you!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An unforgetable post -- I'm all warm and fuzzy! Precious Memories. Merry Christmas and Good Night, Nancy, Sweet Pink Dreams, Blessings Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was such a good movie too especially about family values. Have a wonderful Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful movie! Thank you for reminding me of the Waltons, it's been years since I've seen that.

    Happy Holidays and Hugs'
    Catlyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I've missed your last several matchbox posts- they are wonderful! Beautiful matchboxes and gifts and I love the way you've showcased them! I agree, Nancy's vignettes are amazing and you really have to see them to believe them. And LOVE that "heavenly"...love them all, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your movie picks. I was a fan of the Waltons in its early years, but the movie you speak of was better than anything that aired on TV. I hope you are having a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, I love the way all of those pictures popped in your writing. It felt like one of those childrens books that has a picture instead of a word. My favorite movie would be It's A Wonderful Life. It was on the other night and made me cry like I hadn't seen it before. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete