Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary To Us!!!!!

They said it would never last!

Update!!! I wrote this 7 years ago. We made it another seven years!!! 50 YEARS!!!! 
Best decision I ever made.

Oh my look how young we were - over 40 years now! We were married quickly - and nooooo- I wasn't expecting- that sort of expecting anyway. I wasn't expecting that Jeff was being drafted on the day we planned to get married.....so we married in the middle of the VietNam war in a big hurry. And then they weren't drafting married men.........

so we stayed civilians............ and we were so happy just the two of us and our Mustang and then Uncle Sam sent another letter and we decided to ...........

have a child and become hip 70's people with long hair, big glasses and mustaches so we had a beautiful son and stayed civilians Then we had another son and a lot of years passed and we were safe from the draft!!!!!
And the years flew by and we got older and I'm so grateful that I have the love of my life to grow even older with. I wouldn't change a thing.So this is my little love letter to you, Jeff. Happy Anniversary. Love, Nancy

PS Love that Jackie Kennedy pillbox and I was into toile before toile was ever cool! Wish I could have found our AFRO hair pictures! Wish I knew how to use the scanner correctly!!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! You look like a great couple.
    Many more happy and healthy ones!
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet memories! Came over from Scrappy Jessi's blog.
    Happy Anniversary. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!
    What a lovely family you have.
    Have fun celebrating.
    Please come and visit when you can.

    Irma:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratualtions! What a beautiful couple you are!
    I wanted to let you know the shop in Austin is Uncommon Objects down on Congress. Floor to ceiling, packed. They have a good deal of millinery, but I have such a hard time paying what they ask for :( Hope you find some goodies!
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to tell you Nancy, yes I'm the one with the blue bridesmaids skirts. Gorgeous flowy periwinkle blue. I had them made special. Thanks for the compliment!
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy,happy anniversary...wish we could celebrate with you...your pictures are just perfect...such a pretty family...Blessings and Congratulations. LaVerne

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWWW! Happy Anniversary, sweet friend! You two are sooo very cute!! And what a great-looking family you all are. What fun, going down memory lane... ;)
    Hugs!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. You already finished your birds and bonnets!!!! Just saw them on flickr....wow!
    Terisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Loved every single picture. My Mother got married in Dec. of '67 and wore a knee length dress too. And your hairstyles mirrored hers as well! I even have pictures of her w/ the afro you mentioned. It was frosted. Dark all over and blonde in the front. Simple fabulous post. Wishing you many more years ahead. And adore your music. :SIGH:

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two are such a good-looking couple!

    And why is it everyone had a busy couch in the early '70s? My family did, too, and the picture you put up might as well have been one my husband has of him as a baby.

    The '70s. The busy couch years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary and here's to many, mnay more!

    c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post - you followed the same path we did in avoiding the draft - but our events happened just before the draft would have gotten us - spontaneously. I remember sitting on the bed listening to the draft numbers being picked - wondering if I was pregnant yet ( wheww, I was) and Don's birthdate was the second one picked. We barely missed that one.

    Hope your anniversary was great - I know this is way past the date of your post - but I just found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a precious anniversary post, Nancy! Ya'll are such a good looking couple, both then AND now. Your boys are so handsome, too! Did you renew your vows ~ you are both so dressed up in the pic with your grown sons. And I love your dress with the Venice lace peeping out! So glad you linked this to your Wedding Party blog post!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete