Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Block Party!


Paper Cowgirl here we come. Barbara and LaVerne (above) and Judy left New Braunfels to pick me up.

First - we had to celebrate LaVerne's and my birthday with the cutest little cake....


and then load up the car! Oh dear, this is going - you'd think we'd save a little room for the return trip! (This is LaVerne squeezing in one more sack)Since Judy and Barbara didn't have a Fantasy Blog pink cadillac to decorate they decided to decorate the real thing!!! Are we big dorks or what?
We didn't even make it around the block before stopping at my neighbors house for their four times a year sale!!! Okay - we better check it out.
Stuff was everywhere. Diane's house is absolutely wonderful.
They have a space at Ooh La La and a home sale four times a year with really wonderful things.
Here's another sweet neighbor, Herbert, waiting patiently for his wife to finish shopping! He's a farmer and every fall he hangs some of his dried corn on our neighborhood fences!These gals, Belinda and Jill, have this Chateau Chic stuff sooo organized. Pay here......while Diane wraps up everything here, which is what I need to do!Wrap this up for today! Just think tomorrow is October. Where does the time go????

3 comments:

  1. I had heard about the decorated car, but never quite made my way out to see it. Too funny! LOVE the cake! You should have ratted her out, we would have done something too...as it was TW's bday on Monday. Looks like an awesome sale! Lucky U!

    : D

    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls look like you are having waaaay too much fun!

    LOVE that stuff crammed to the ceiling of the car and the decorations on the seats--what a hoot!!! My hubby and I visited New Braumfels when we were in San Antonio a few years ago---a beautiful little town!!

    I just roared when I saw you stopping at a sale on the way out of town!!! My kind of gals!!!

    Happy Birthday--LOVED the cute cake!!

    Looking forward to LOTS more photos of your adventure! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you cowgirls have been having! I _love_ that puppy dog cake, I bet it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete