Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Trails Paper Cowgirls

I still need to organize pictures from the Paper Cowgirls art retreat. What a wonderful weekend. We made some really incredible projects...... banners, a collage I bought from one of the head cowgirls, Dale, and a fav - a paper lantern. Needless to say most of my projects are still in progress, but I'm posting a few pictures anyway along with some others from last weekend.
I loved this little Bingo card class. The instructor wasn't able to be there but her kit and instructions were excellent and I actually finished this one!
I can't find my soldered pendant I made but soldering is something I've never done and I loved it. I'm sure my husband put it somewhere safe. Meanwhile you can see some of Tina's (our fab instructor) work here.
Okay - I found it! It's made with a glass vintage pocket watch crystal over a collaged image. Honestly - I'm so proud of it!!! I was afraid I would fail the class completely and I think maybe I deserve a "B"! My best pal, Barbara, was the only casualty of the class. She got a really nasty burn when she was showing me how to do something. Ouch!
Another highlight of the weekend was meeting some blogging friends.
I've corresponded with Shannon (Faith and Chocolate) since first swapping, blogging, and "flickr-ing" and was just thrilled to meet her in person. She is a sweetheart and for some reason this darling girl touched my heart from the very beginning. Here we are on Vendor's night. Isn't she just adorable? (I cleverly covered one of my chins with my name!)
I borrowed stuff from the really nice gal next to me all morning only to find out that she was actually Suzie Button! I felt like I'd found my long lost cousin!
And finally here's a little sneak peek at the house where Vendor's night took place. Hi Sister peeking out the door!
It was the pinkest house you've ever seen so I'll just have to save it for Pink Saturday!

12 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy it looks like you had a blast and made some awsome things. Your pendant is adorable. Have a wonder filled Wednesday. I have to go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, all of your projects are just amazing - and I think your pendant is 'A' work!! How fun!! Wish I coulda been there, too!! How great to meet old and new friends!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww! Thank you darlin', for the sweet comments. I am SO excited that you were able to come, and we were finally able to meet. So ya better be comin' next year!! You really did a great job on your pendant, and your banner and lantern look very nice too! Valita and I are sad, because we have to leave these projects behind for now, since we've got Silver Bella swaps to get done! OH well... Love ya!
    Big HUGS!
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well being the teacher of the Solder class, I think you deserved an "A" being at the rowdy table and all..lol..Thanks Nancy for 'playing Paper" with us!! SEE you in the summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to meet you. Your blog looks like a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    What a fantastic retreat, I wish I was there as well! I would love to come to Texas!
    Wonderful projects!
    Glad you had a great time.

    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy it was so much fun meeting you! I had so much fun at Paper Cowgirl. The classes were great and your lantern looks wonderful. Mine will be a while before I get it finished. Maybe next year we can do some paper Cowgirl swaps then we can trade some artwork. Can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, I'm glad you had a good time. It was fun wasn't it? I think so.

    c

    PS...that's Sister peeking out the door...not me! : D See NOW why we call each other Sister? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just looking over your comments...yes please! Swaps! I had meant to organize one and it never quite happened..so yeah, definetly for the summer. : D

    c
    again

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, all of your projects are just precious. wish I could have joined you all, maybe next time. It looks like a great time was had by all. I can't wait to see more. I have done some soldering projects and they are great. I need to get some scalloped copper foil. Yours is a A+. GinGin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Nancy, saw your comment on the PC blog...and no she's not really. But as you can see, all get confused by us and we would always get that question, "are you sisters?" . Well I started calling her that and it stuck. Now most in town call her that...much to her unhappiness. (very evil LOL). But she's my BFF, so like a sister. As for TW..ewwwwwww, I'm gonna kick her tiney behiney for postin that gosh awful pic. That rotten girl! LOL.

    : D

    c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nancy, I've been meaning to drop by all week, finally got here! It was great meeting you, I love your whole post on the Cowgirls day! I need your address to mail you your pink pocket girl too! email me, ok, at purrpage3@verizon.net. Thanks! Suzie

    ReplyDelete