Tuesday, October 14, 2008

OH NO!


You guys - this is awful news. I just read on my Flickr group that the greedy publishing group who publishes ME Home Companion is going to discontinue it!!##**! at first I thought it was a hoax but it's TRUE. Home Companion is the magazine that freed us from conventional decorating...Mary's the one who hung quilts and linens instead of drapes at the windows. She gave us checks and cherries! Before Home Companion I remember finding the hard to find "Chair of Bowlies" dishtowel and making a pillow out of it because there just wasn't much out there. She may not be doing checks and cherries because she continues to evolve - always new ideas so why the heck are they stopping publication. This is a link to her website. Just wanted to let you guys know because...well you know...misery loves company. ........ Nancy

10 comments:

  1. I AM SO SAD!!!!!!!!! When are they going to discontinue the publication of HC? I think I just renewed my subscription---I'd better check that out.
    Honestly, the magazine has really drifted from the original format. Bonnie and I gripe about it each time we get it---just not as good as it used to be , but still better than not having it!!!!!

    I still have film in my camera from the night Bonnie, Mary and I went to a local bookstore and MET her at a signing!!! I MUST get that developed--it's realllly been in there a long time.

    Well, thanks for letting us know the miserable news!! Now I will go cry myself to sleep!!! :( dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Boo! I just renewed too! I'm so bummed. Why can't Mary just self publish? It's one of the ones I always look forward to. How did you hear?

    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely sad. I enjoy that magazine a LOT. Guess we'll have to cherish all those old issues even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a bummer- She is my favorite! It would be awsome if she would self-publish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am well, I feel devestated, I know, I know, it's just a magazine, but I LOVE that magazine, and I've been a faithful buyer every month for YEARS! Can we protest?!! How can this be?!! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    HC is a very good magazine...but there are so many changes happening...hopefully Mary will come up with another publication...

    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had stopped getting a bunch of magazines except this I love Mary! They just yesterday sent me a renewal notice! Crazy Thanks for the info. Hugs Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH NO is right! I have evry issue from the beginning. It says they're looking for a new publishing partner-I sure hope they find one. I will be so sad if it stops being published.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHAT! NO!! I love that magazine! I don't understand.

    On a good note, I just got a copy of HC Guide To Creative Living - first ever. Maybe they are going to go down this route instead, which I would LOVE! You just have to get a copy!

    xoxo

    Rhonda...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh nooooooooo! I have every magazine - and 2 of some! How dreadful. I also collect her Ann Estelle dolls. I am too sad...

    ReplyDelete