Sunday, October 5, 2008

Show and Tell Sunday

Isn't it great that Show and Tell Sunday is back??? Normally I wouldn't have had many aprons but I recently bought some at an auction.


Not only did I get some aprons I bought a dress form or mannequin - whatever she is! I passed a grouping of them up and then asked my husband to go back and get it, having nonbuyers remorse. And I think maybe he picked out a PLUS size gal! HMMM She's wearing a little hat I bought in Waxahatchie last weekend and one of my rag garlands. This apron is a little hostess apron.


I think the colors are soooo pretty. With little tuck pleats in the front.


Here's a little yellow number

with a sweet little pocket
and trimmed in lace. Very Donna Reedish!
(Do you even know who Donna Reed is???)
This might be worn for your bridge club when you serve hor d'erves and "highballs"!

Wouldn't you just look soooo elegant?
with these dainty little pockets?
And this sexy little number....well use your imagination.....

Not that imagination - LOL - I was thinking more like for
Christmas! Mrs. Claus.
I am so kicking myself about these last two. I forgot to take pictures before I gave them away. This one was for Artsy Mama's Sweet and Sinister Swap. The items were supposed to be black and white with a touch of orange. I couldn't believe I found this - not only this one but


This dusty black and orange one for the Halloween Vintage Ephemera Swap! So Happy Halloween! I put all of these aprons in MyCraftyLittleShop if you happen to need more aprons.

Now go tie one on over at Junque Art. There are lots of blogs showing off their aprons today. Have a wonderful Sunday. Nancy

16 comments:

  1. I KNOW who Donna Reed is!! LOL You are too funny. Nancy...love your collection. I think my favorite is the pink and blue one! Thanks so much for taking time to play along with us today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Yes, she was from the 50's and along the lines of June Cleaver I believe. :o) Loved your post today!! SO many pretty aprons and thanks for the giggle!! :o)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some very pretty, feminine aprons! I enjoyed visiting your blog. Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely !! I am partial to the sheer ones. Yours are awesome !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your aprons are all so frilly and sweet!
    Thanks for sharing!
    :)
    ~Becca~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty aprons. I hope you are having a great weekend!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely aprons, Nancy. Donna Reed AND June Cleaver made it into my aprons post this morning, before I had a chance to start looking around. Guess I should have found an apron for Harriet Nelson, too ...

    I especially love the delicate pocket on the yellow apron!

    Victoria :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the red apron! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the aprons! I think that the large waistline may have to do with the lack of cleavage! lol, but 'she' did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet pretty aprons you found. Funny how we don't ware them any more. Like Donna Reed or June Cleaver. Love the dress form.

    Have a great week.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your aprons are so cute & girlie. I love the soft colors. I mostly collect red one but I would love to find a pink one for my studio. xoxo, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the aprons. I found some cool ones this weekend too. Love that red, flirty one...but I was NOT thinking mrs. claus...LOL....

    : D

    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Nancy I love all the aprons!!

    My mom was in a bridge club and even a couple bridge group!!!

    Many special memories of those childhood days:)

    Always thought Donna Reeds hair was nifty.

    Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    kayellen

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely vintage aprons. I stopped by your shop and everything looks so beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful day. Nancy, I changed my comments section so that everyone can leave comments. If you stop by, please say hello. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nancy- is that you on Mind Wide Open? It has a different last name but it has your blog down. I was hoping you would post about your creation for the challange but perhaps you have not had the time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your delicate hostess aprons. Can you imagine actually wearing them (without giggling the whole time!)? Great show!
    ~Jennifer~

    ReplyDelete