Monday, October 27, 2008

October Threw A Party!

October - abolutely one of my favorite months is soon coming to an end. Even though I love halloween and fall I'm happy to take one step closer to Christmas since I've been working on all things fall since August! In looking back I realized that for once I actually got a lot of projects accomplished! So to wrap up October here's a look back....
A memory ring for a 100 year old man! Finding new ways to package old ephemera. I love these little helpers. Have to make sure a few bird houses are done.
I was thrilled to be invited into a group of paper artists travel journal book I love working poetry into whatever I'm doing.
I've never tried a fairy door so this was new. Inspiration from Artsy Mama's group prompted this little house.
I'd never done a tussie mussie and loved making and filling this.
A fall pumpkin I sewed.
And this grouping is a favorite. This little doll case started out like
This!
And with a bit of work ended up like this. I'm so happy it went to such a good home!
I love rescuing something from the trash heap and giving it new life! Yep, I think blogging and swaps and flicker has challenged a lot of us to find new ways to create. I guess I'm one who needs a deadline and feedback to get productive - so thanks to all of you who have been an inspiration! Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Alllll soooo CUTE! Especially love those "little helpers"! Clever girl!

    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful work Nancy, I love the doll trunks too. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by to wish you the happiest of Halloweens!

    blessings,

    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! YOu've been a busy little crafty girl, haven't you??? lol You've got some fantastic little pieces/projects! VERY COOL!
    AND looky all the swaps your in! THAT's what I'M missing out on with going to Silver Bella! ;)
    Love ya!
    Shan

    ReplyDelete