Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Meanwhile...Back At The Ranch!

The Valley Girls were up at the crack of dawn last Sat. a.m. We got our big pink Q set up down at the road and
took a test run in the EasyGo. It was a perfect weather day.
Over at the house there were bikes and toys lined up for the grandkids..
Jeff was brewing up a giant pot of coffee for our guests. What a Whirlwind!!
Here's Barbara putting some finishing touches on a table. Doesn't she look coy???
What is LaVerne doing? Putting lavender sprigs out to ward off scorpions! Really. Junque sale shopping is not for sissies!
And then guess what? Kathy from Emptynester showed up and we were so thrilled to meet her that I got this picture of her and her daughter and sister and after that NO ONE got any more pictures!!! Who hates herself now???? Ack. And we had tons of folks and I have NO PICTURES. Candy from Rock Candy was there and I have NO PICTURES OF HER. We had a Cantina set up with a rum punch loaded with fruit and everyone readily agreed not to sue us! LOL. (Now there's a breakfast!) At high noon we threw some hotdogs on the grill for all the hungry shoppers. Honestly, Tracy, (another Valley girl from Houston) and I stayed busy all day checking people out! Shout out to Tracy... and Carol...a GIANT THANK YOU!!!
And finally our last customer, Z. She'd been asking for two days if the "stow-uh" was open! She definitely inherited her grandmother's shopping gene!!!
If you were able to come to the sale we all want to thank you and if you missed it we'll be doing it again in the fall. Thanks again, Nancy, LaVerne, Barbara, Judy and Patty!
Organizing Texas one box at a time.

Posted by Picasa
Thank you to Beverly at How Sweet The Sound who hosts Pink Saturday
Stop by her place to see a complete list of participants.

27 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    Looks like yall had a great day, thanks for the ladybug song everyone seems to love it, I think it is adorable

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organizing Texas one box at a time!!!! What a challenge! What a cute slogan...that should keep us busy! What a great time we had! (with a special thanks to Tracy and Carol and all our shoppers)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I just want to tell you again what a great time we had and how much fun it was to meet everyone. I can't believe that I missed Candy - oh boo! Can't wait till your next one and I love your slogan, how cute. Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun day was had by all. Too bad you didn't get more pictures, but the ones you got are terrific.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could have been there! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink Saturday!

    How fun!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must have been a wonderful day,
    Happy pink Saturday Riet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I need you to come here to organize a junque sale! And no scorpions here, just lobsters and crabs, but they stay in the water!

    I would have loved to have been there..
    My sister is in Arlington, I'll send her!
    Kathleen
    L.I., NY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the great post today. I just ♥ traveling from blog to blog...the photos, the crafts, the ideas...too fun!

    Yours was especially fun this week. Thank you!

    See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For sure that looks like the happening place to be. I would have loved it. Made me think of my friend that serves coffee, juice and donuts are her garage sales. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  12. How I wish I could've "Stowed-Up!"

    It looks like SOOOOO much fun and I'm so glad you got to meet some fellow bloggers!!

    Happy Pink Sat---LOVE that Pink Q!!!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun day, chick! Happy pink saturday. Scorpions?!?! Yikes, I had to kill one once when we lived in 29 Palms, Ca. I almost keeled over myself from doing it. Scared the heck outta me, honey!
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a great day! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sure looks like you had fun! Happy pink day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ♥´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´♥ HAPPY PINK SATURDAY ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you gals had a great time and did a brisk business...those are the best kind of "junk sales".

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a great time! I admire your organizational skills - whew!

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wish I was there...it looks and sounds like fun was had by all! ~ Happy PS! ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to have been "junquing" with you in one of my favorite states...TEXAS!
    Looks like you had a good crowd!
    A late Happy Pink Saturday!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Nancy,
    I hope this was as fun as it looks for you and your friends. If I lived nearby, I would have been driving down that road to explore all the finds.
    Happy Pink Saturday,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh you gurls! What a fun time I know that ya'll had. Wish I could have been there with ya, but I was with "Mickey". LOL. I hope you will do it again, perhaps I can attend then. Looks like it was a blast...cept for the scorpions...LOL.

    -c

    ReplyDelete
  23. A day full of friends...not such a bad day.
    HP, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a really fun day!
    I love this last picture of the darling little girl looking up ;-)
    So cute Nancy!!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like a fun day! I love the big *pink* Q!

    Have a lovely week!
    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww! What fun, you girlies! I would have LOVED being there! Scorpions? REALLY? Wow, this girl has never seen one in real life.. (well at the pet store and zoo only) not in the "wild"!
    Hope you had a great turnout!
    Love ya!
    Hugs,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well ms Nancy a fall TX trip may be in the cards...Wooo Hoo !!

    ReplyDelete