Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tablescape Thursday


Wow - can you believe Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away? Just Kidding! I know it's Easter but I've been so busy that I'm cheating a little for Tablescape Thursday by "recycling" a table I did for Thanksgiving. The dinner plate is Woods and Son and the Turkey salad plate is from Marshalls as is the Johnson Bros. coffee mug.


This pretty crocheted placemat was done by one of the Canyon Lake church ladies.

I was inspired by this wonderful Blue Sky teapot with not only blue but a bit of purple. I bought a box lot of purple glassware on ebay ages ago and they added sort of a surprise element. (Surprised that I was finally able to use them!) The Jim Shore pumpkin and turkey have a tiny bit of all these colors.

In the background I have some Morgantown crinkle glass that I'm always looking for. Mostly I get lucky on ebay every so often.

Notice I have no napkins? I think I planned on eating really carefully or maybe I just took the picture before I decided on napkins!



Susan at Between Naps On The Porch realized that a whole bunch of us love tablescaping and started this fun event so be sure to visit her and her boyfriend Mr. Linky to visit all the blogs participating! Nancy

13 comments:

  1. I love your turkey plates and your doily placemats. They look so good together!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your dishes - perfect for Thanksgiving! And that teapot is just gorgeous. I didn't even notice there were not napkins. I was just busy looking at all the pretties on the rest of the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want your teapot!!! It is just gorgeous. Love the placemats. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great Thanksgiving tablescape. I love to see holiday tables! The dishes are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tablescape, love your dishes and your teapot is stunning, Happy TT. Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love blue and white...so I love your setting and the tea pot...oh my!!Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your table! Thanksgiving was just last Sunday at our house. I even posted about it. I have the turkey plates too, but in pink. I use them at the real Thanksgiving. I used something else for our faux Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your turkey plates. They look perfect with your placemats. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun to see Thanksgiving in March! I love this table setting ... and your Johnson Brothers cup? I have the entire set of that pattern and love it -- I used it in a Tablescaping Thursday about 2 or 3 weeks ago!

    Love those turkey plates. I WANT them!

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I saw recycle, reuse, renew! I missed your post at Thanksgiving so this is "new" to me and I think it's simply gorgeous. I LOVE, love, love your dishes. I haven't seen any like them before. Thanksgiving is one of my Favorites holidays - I never tire of seeing lovely tables reminding us to "give thanks". Well done!
    Warmly,
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's okay....your tablescape is so lovely. I love those plates! The lace placemats are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm all about Fall colors...love this!
    -c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Those are the most beautiful Thanksgiving plates I have seen!

    ReplyDelete