Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pink Saturday - Itty Bitty Dessert & JunQue Links!

On Wordless Wednesday the subject was crafts and I shared some pictures of my page for the upcoming Spring Itty Bitty Book. For Beverly's Pink Saturday I thought I'd show one of the ways I use my books when I get them back. Usually 20 to 40 artists participate. We each make x number of pages and send to MaryAnn of IBB fame and believe it or not she binds like 900 pages and in a few weeks we each get a book back and also auction one off for a charitable cause!
Here's a photo collage I just made because ...well...they are just so darn easy to make and then it looks like you know what you're doing with photography! (which I don't with my "itty bitty Sony" stripdown model camera!)
Here's all my books I've done so far. Can you tell a lot of us ADORE the color pink?


It looks like a cake???huh???
Really looks good enough to eat, doesn't it?? (My husband made that pedestal and I painted it up all Mary EngelbreitY for plants but doesn't it just work perfect for this?)

Then let's do it. Here you go...the perfect pink DIET dessert. NO CALORIES! Would you like another piece...there's plenty more. LOL Now for you Texas blogging friends (or you snowbound gals who'd like to escape your frigid states!!!) ....here's some links to just a portion of the things in our antique VGJS.

31 comments:

  1. very pretty crafts! Happy Pink Saturday

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute is that! And what a very clever idea. I also like your pedestal you painted. This is just the cutest...

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY PINK SATURDAY
    I LOVE THAT IDEA AND I LOVE YOUR CAKE PEDESTAL STAND...SUCH FUN....NO CALORIES AND LOTS OF FIBER.....LOL
    HUGS
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of pages. Looks kinda hard but if you say it's easy, well... :-)What a nice touch you gave there with the pink rose on top. Sure looks like cake especially with the picture in a stand :-)

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun, Nancy! You just have the bestest stuff to share with us not so scrappy folks! LOVE that stand--Mary E., eat your heart out!

    Have a great Pink Sat! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Pink Saturday!

    These books are fabulous!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to post your book on that pedestal stand. Happy Pink Saturday.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nifty, I'm a Texas gal thank you for sharing the links

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE mini books- and yours are beautiful- love your blog- this is my first time to visit!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea. Happy pink saturday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pinkies today! Thanks so much for sharing. Pink Saturday is always so much fun for me. You get to know the bloggers and also get so many great ideas for your home and for your he♥rt, too.

    Come over for tea! You can decorate my house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Pink project!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a transplanted east Texas gal, does that count. Great projects.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these little books, how fun that would be. Happy Pink Saturday.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful wonderful ideas and results! LOVE IT!

    hApPy PiNk SaTuRdAy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just too cute. What a fabulous idea...love it!
    I posted too late to join but please stop by anyway.
    Pretty in Pink, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy, these are so wonderful! And I love the way you've displayed them! I can only imagine how much fun it must be to go through and look at everyone's work when you get one back.

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great, I love the no calorie part. Great work.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty way to display your books. I love dessert that is calorie free! LOL
    ♥Happy Pink Saturday♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nancy, I'm on my way to the kitchen to get a cake plate and shamelessly steal the display of the IBBs...beautiful pictures...happy day

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely post..I love that cake stand. Happy Pinks..have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such fun pinks!! Love your little pink party. And how fun to make "Itty Bitty Books".

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Belated Pink Saturday!
    Sweet book!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello there! Thank you for stopping in! I read your profile and knew we were kindred spirits. Have a great week Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh my! I think I found a new friend...you just have to stop by and make sure you visit the web site when peeking at the blog...we will be fast friends I'm sure.
    happy pink, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  26. HOW did I miss you on Saturday, your post on anyhting is always fabulous. Love the books like crazy. See you next Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely projects - the books are adorable. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Itty Bitty Books! What a wonderful idea! Adorable!

    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Belated Pink Saturday! Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete