Thursday, April 22, 2010

Show and Tell

I was part of a little thing on Flickr called – Make 5.  I signed up for a couple and then in turn offered to make 5 things for the first 5 people who signed up for it.  Two of the gifts that I received were some really amazing mosaic pieces. First this adorable "purse" arrived out of the blue from Katherine.   For each purse she made there was a story attached – this was Jesse and you can read her story here.  She even made the "clasp" herself.

 DSCN1682

It really adds "life" to my room.  I think there should be at least a teeny bit of yellow in every room!  I love the beaded handle. Plus as you can see the prettiest yellow birds are attracted to it!

DSCN1677

Next came the yummiest slice of cake ever!  Kelley at Teacups and Ponies is a truly gifted ceramic artist and works with broken china.

This slice has mossy frosting and layers decorated with little pearls and flowers and…

DSCN2125

Oh my goodness…little birdies are attracted here also!

DSCN2122

Adorable isn't it?

DSCN2123

And what a relief when I finally was able to send off my own Make Five.  Being totally inept at mosaics I made 5 Blessing Rings.  They also have a little "bird" theme going on!  Occasionally I get enough made for my Etsy store.

DSCN2084

They hang from a heavy copper ring that my husband makes for me with 50 yr old copper wire his grandfather gave him years ago.

DSCN2083

DSCN2087

So that's it – this is what I've been working on lately plus a beautiful May Day Tussie Swap but I think I'll save that for….May Day!

DSCN2128

Have a fabulous weekend! :) Nancy

I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.  It's so interesting to see all the creative things that people are doing!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy... What fun swaps! Love that mossy icing! I really love your blessing rings.. I love all things birds!
    The bluebonnets below are so pretty.. Lily playing in the bluebonnets.. priceless!
    Thanks for visiting, have a great weekend!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful treasures you now have. I think, for me personally, the bird perching on the mosaic is the crowning touch!!!

    I've been a domestic goddess this week ...making new SOUTHWEST CURTAIN TIE-BACKS Stop by for a visit and viewing if you can find time! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As one of the LUCKY recipients of your Blessings Ring, I have to say, it is AWESOME. Thank you so much, Nancy. You're creative, talented and oh so sweet!! I will post it next week!! Love, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOPS, I forgot to say how awesome the gifts are that YOU received! Bloggers are AMAZING! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete