Friday, April 23, 2010

Pink Saturday Apronology

I might start cooking again!  Maybe not, but I just might don this cute little apron and watch while Jeff cooks! LOL  The mailman arrived with a package last week with this fabulous apron made just for me by my bff in Ohio…Linda.  (Isn't she beautiful? This was taken at her granddaughters wedding – she look's like the bride to me and the old geezer next to her  looks like he robbed the cradle- just like his best bud…Jeff who also robbed the cradle)  Anyway – back to Aprons!

linda

Linda is a fabulous seamstress.  Aren't you in awe of people who can sew anything?

DSCN2537

I adore the cherries – the first picture I took was wrong side out – except for the pockets you can't tell the difference – the finishing work is so fine! 

DSCN2538

I was so surprised with that apron and then when I lifted it out of the box this apron was underneath it!!!  Look at that cute little bum – pretend it's just like my very own.

DSCN2544

This apron has this adorable little flouncy skirt bottom.   I'm wearing this one to Paper Cowgirl this year.  It looks "Gypsy Cowgirl" style, doesn't it.

DSCN2540

Linda has made aprons for her entire family and she chooses fabrics to match their interests.  And she knows that I'm interested in Pink Saturday! 

DSCN2543  

They both look darling hanging in my back hallway where everyone comes in.  Doesn't it look like Donna Reed lives here???

I'm joining Beverly at How Sweet The Sound  for Pink Saturday – be sure to visit her along with all the PS bloggers….especially Joey at Antiquemajik – a new blog I find really interesting. She's does some neat altered art which I love!  You will too so go visit!  xoxo Nancy 

15 comments:

  1. Dear Donna, I mean Nancy! You LUCKY DUCK!! Those are the cutest danged aprons I've EVER seen..and I think your bum will look ever so fine while wearing them! You'll be the envy at Paper Cowgirls!! I am a seamstress (of crafty sorts), but haven't made an apron in years....I'm thinking Linda has inspired me!

    Hope you have a wonderful Pink Saturday! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday!


    Love these aprons!



    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The aprons are great! I love them, especially the fabric and flouncy skirt on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those aprons are to DIE FOR!!! I love them both! the little skirt on there is adorable!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    In Shoes We Trust,
    Maggie
    "Do these shoes match this purse?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this apron! I would have to wear it if anyone did, my hubby does NOT cook. Since were retired we eat out more than I actually cook!. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Nancy, I'm droolin' over your aprons! They're both so beautiful and beautifully sewn! You're one lucky girl! I'll be able to pick you out of the crowd at Paper Cowgirl in that pretty apron! Can't wait! Happy Pink Saturday! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. HELLO NANCY AND HAPPY PINKY PINK SATURDAY.....BEAUTIFUL APRONS, OHHH HOW I WISH I COULD SEW....

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful aprons!!!

    Happy Pink Saturday.
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!...You're right about beautiful sewing...O.K., I'll admit it, I'm suffering from severe Apron-envy...and that dress form makes the perfect display...what a great friend to surprise you like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time visiting your blog on PinK Sat. Love the apron. I think I like the cherries the best. I love anything with cherries on it. Love you background music. You have a lovely blog. To see hundreds of cherries come on over and visit me.
    Happy Pink sat.
    Hugs,
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charming and pretty aprons.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  12. gotta love those aprons. Happy pink saturday Hugs Sara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty aprons!! I used to sew a very long time ago but now that I finally have a Craft/Sewing room of my own, I might just make me some pretty aprons too!! HPS!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling, I stumbled upon your blog and while here, I enjoyed my visit very much. Your blog is loaded with interesting posts and lovely photos. I have joined your followers, and will return often to visit with you.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  15. What delightful aprons. I wear them and have made them but not for quite a while. I love the very pretty style of the second one. Lucky you to have such a sweet friend.

    Thanks for your visit. I have shown quite a few treasures from my Aunt Shirley before.

    Happy PS,
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete