Friday, November 21, 2008

Pink Christmas

I'm drrrreeeeeaming.....of a Piiiiiiink Christmas P .
I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of some really beautiful displays from the Antique Gallery. Isn't this gorgeous? This gal, Eileen, has the most beautiful ornaments she paints roses on. I love the way she did her garland - it's completely pink-a-licious!She paints roses on about everything!
Really - everything!
Thanks, Eileen for letting us tour your pink booth.
Now I have to show you my hands down most fabulous bestest bargain ever!!!! This is my $15.00 rug I bought at a yard sale. It was hanging on a fence and the part showing looked a little discolored and I knew I could find a use for the good part. It measures about 9x12 and is thick, soft wool.

So I bought it, spread it out on my porch to shampoo it and it wasn't faded at all - just the way the nap was laying. It has beautiful shades of pink all through it and the beige is definitely a "pink tone beige. It's in my bedroom now and it looks fabulous on my drafty old hardwood floor and warms the room (and my toes) and just feels like silk on my feet.
I'm totally in love with it! So thank you crazy person who sold this rug waaay to cheap...... Now I have to go walk on my $15 rug some more so have a wonderful Pink Saturday! Thanks Beverly at How Sweet the Sound - the pink hostess with the mostest.
Y Nancy

Psst - I have a little giveaway going on this weekend for Karen's Christmas Fair one post down.

23 comments:

  1. I wanna come to your anitque mall and shop with YOU! Whah, whah! Can you hear me sobbing up here in KC? That booth is over the top in Pinkness! I am not a painted rose fan (to live with them), but I appreciate how beautiful her items are---those skates are so sweet! Is that type of painting called "Rosemaling"?
    You did hit the wool rug jackpot, indeed, with that beauty! Congrats!
    Hope your Sat. is filled with fun and Pinkness! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that rug! What a great bargain! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment!!!!! $15 was a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pink Christmas things! And that rug is gorgeous! That was definitely a find!! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible rug! for $15???? Girl, your luck is running with you! It looks like a carved wool Chinese rug.

    I wanted to tell you how much I admire the roses painted on the skates - but that rug just blew me away!!!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS rug! What a GREAT price! Happy Pink Saturday! ENJOY your day! Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  6. $15.00?!?!?! Oh my! I would have hyperventilated until I actually got it into the car and drove away! What a gorgeous rug and an awesome buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all just gorgeous!

    Have a perfectly pink weekend...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pink Christmas goodies! And dang gurl! You practically stole that rug! Lucky you!

    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my pink-a-licious indeed. And great score on the rug. Enjoy it. Happy pinkness
    Kindredly, ELlenL

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much pinkness, so little time! I love your rug. What a steal. Come for a visit.
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I'll take one of everything from the Antique Gallery. I love Pink Christmas!
    Your rug is such a find!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Nerissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Nancy!!!
    always a pleasure to stop by and see all your lovely things:)
    Happy Thanksgiving early and have a wonderful time at the Wedding!!!!!

    smiles,
    kayellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have paid double for that beauty. Hands down the best buy ever Nancy.
    Love your pinks.
    BTW I was looking at your vintage girly turkeys. Dana at the stone rabbit has some cool ones today like yours.
    Happy Pink Saturday
    Claudie from Canada
    P.S. I love your border.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooohh, I love your rug..what a buy.
    Probably the best buy of the month.. Happy Pink Saturday and have a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Girl, I just tried to leave a message over at The Roost, but inorder for me (and a few other Typepad Users) to do so, you need to add the option of Name/URL (just like you have on this comment page). I was always able to leave comments using the set up you have on The Roost, but for some reason, starting last night, I can't. (It's not just me).
    I wanted to tell you how darling that place is and how badly I wanted to be able to shop there and also, I wanted to know if Mr. Roost made housecalls. I have a couple of lightbulbs that need changing! :) Bye, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome bargain on the gorgeous rug! I found one similar a few years ago at a yard sale myself, talked them down to $20 from $25. It's also pink!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those pink skates! I have a pair I have been meaning to paint, but these are truly lovely! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow drooling over all the pink! so hard to find pink in NE! Thank you for joining Shabby Pink Cottage blog!
    Cannot wait to see your posts! Did you sign up for giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  19. ok now I see logo..need more coffee its freezing here in NE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Nancy, Suzie Button here! I love your pink this weekend so much! Can't get enough, really! And you are so lucky to snatch that gorgeous rug! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! What a fabulous find!!! And what a fabulous pink booth!

    ReplyDelete
  22. $15.00.WHAT??????????SHE IS CRAZY.IT'S GORGEOUS.......ANN

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy. I am sorry it took me so long to get to this post. I am playing catch up. ;-)

    What a wonderful booth. She does have beautiful things.

    And, your rug is fabulous. What a fantastic find.

    ReplyDelete