Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blue Christmas on Pink Saturday

Hello my pink friends. Last August when it was 1 jillion degrees here in Texas a new Christmas Store opened in New Braunfels. It's associated with Schlitterbahn - the top rated water park in the whole U.S. ! Waterpark? and Christmas? Normally I would say they don't quite go hand in hand but Schlitterbahn is opening during the holidays this year with a spectacular light display, ice skating and is being transformed into a winter wonderland. Anyway, now that I have totally overexplained that I'll take you on a tour of the store. Park your reindeer right here.
And step into this 150 year old stone home turned Christmas Shoppe! Are these trees BLUE enough for you?
Lovely blue ornaments...Pretty wreath but I'm sort of wondering...is there any pink here??? Maybe a pink angel. Nope she's blue too but I do love her.
How about Santa. Nope he's a beautiful shade of blue but I wanted some pink things to share.
Things just kept getting bluer.Incredible BLUE swag but....NUTS! Will I ever come across anything PINK?!!Ah, finally something with a little pink mixed in with the red.Looky here...a table full of pink chef Santas but who's the lousy photographer chopping off heads and fuzzying the whole picture?? MEEEE. You knew I was saving the best for last. Just for you here is a fabulous display of PINK SANTAS. Aren't they the best?

Look at him on that glammed up reindeer. So if you could have any one of these things which one would it be?
I hate to be a pink traitor but I just love that blue angel. Don't tell Beverly when you stop over at How Sweet The Sound! Pink Hugs to you, Nancy

19 comments:

  1. NANCY, WHAT A GORGEOUS BLOG!!!!!! You and I have so much in common, guess what I wrote about on Pink Saturday? A trip to a Christmas store of course. Your new layout for your blog is stunning. Happy Pink Saturday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun shop and what a great Christmas background on your blog! Fun times...
    Happy pink to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that town of New Braunfels! My hubby and I "found" it a few years ago when we were visiting San Antonio---after River Walking, Alamoing, Sea Worlding---I pulled out my AAA Travel Book for Texas and told my husband we should check out New Braunfels. I'm certain it's lots bigger, now, but it was charming then!
    The Christmas store looks so great---I am so glad you found Pink Santas--they'll look great with Jeanne's Pink Trees! :)
    Have a wonderful Pink Sat! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went on a retail adventure yesterday as well looking for pink Christmas (since I am strictly a red and green girl myself) and I also found a LOT of blue! I found that I, too, just had to photograph the blue as it was so sparkly and fresh. Lovely Pink post! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures and this place looks fantastic!
    Happy Pink Saturday,
    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christmas shops any time of year. And those cute pink Santas need to come home with me. LOL
    Your new blog design is gorgeous too. I love the holly leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink (and blue) Saturday, Nancy.

    This was such a fun post. Don't worry, I don't decorate for Christmas with pink. When I was a little girl, my mother had one of those silver trees, and she decorated it with all blue glass ball ornaments. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty blog! Your header is one of the nicest I've ever seen. Did you make it?

    I love Christmas shops and Santa Claus figurines so I enjoyed your post very much

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog looks so fantastic, Nancy!! We've been hot here as well (now there are fires raging all around us), but Christmas has still been on my mind (and in my sight in every store already!)! :o) Just love the holidays and your post made me long for colder weather and hot cocoa with mini marshmallows! Hugs to you!!
    Lisa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. another fun christmas tour!! have a happy pink saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, that's a fun bunch of pink Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute little Christmas shop. I bet that was a fun day. And i won't tell Beverly if don't , but I prefer the blue angel, too. ~ Hope you are having a Happy Pink Saturday! ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I guess if I had to choose, I'd want the Reindeer parking sign!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your post very much...fun shop.
    Have a Joyful & Bless weekend,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous Christmas shop and a beautiful blog you have! You're not decorating too soon for me!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I would LOVE to go to that store, so beautiful!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOve that Christmas Store! How cute those Santas are. Thanks for sharing Hugs Grace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Nancy. That's a beautiful shop with all the sparly Christmas decor! I've thought about doing all one color, but I can't get away from the kids handmade ornaments and leaning gingerbread houses =)

    About the Friday Flea Market, I like to link to my website and there are so many free or cheap templates out there now, you can make it look really darling without much cost at all. I think that having the shopping cart is so much more convenient too! Let me know what you decide to do.

    Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Nancy! Thanks for the fun tour! I want it all!!! Great pictures! Happy Holidays! Hugs, Maryjane

    ReplyDelete