Monday, November 10, 2008

Mute Your Speakers

I can't believe I'm doing this...decorating my blog for Christmas already! Do you just hate me. When you hear the Christmas music you surely will! Well, get out your chestnuts and start roasting like me! I've been working on my Christmas swaps today getting them ready to mail and poor old Thanksgiving is once again getting slighted! Two years ago my sister was buried the day after Thanksgiving so we just skipped it. Last year we had a Thanksgiving breakfast so my brother could be with family before we left to go out of town. A nice get together but everyone rushed off to go to their "real" Thanksgiving dinners. And this year my son is getting married ON Thanksgiving. So we'll have a wedding and then a Thanksgiving feast for the reception. I'm so thrilled to have something really wonderful to celebrate and I'm truly thankful that my son finally found the love of his life and I'm thankful that I get a little granddaughter in the deal!!! But today with Halloween decorations still hanging around I decided to go straight to Christmas! (A swap sneaky peek!) I used to be a super woman decorating big time for all three holidays but lately I'm taking a more minimalist approach. I'll definitely do less shopping this year. I'd like to pay more attention to my Snow Village and maybe less of the other decorating. Make more of my gifts and
I'd like to bake more and take sumptuous goodies to my neighbors and friends. We all have too much "stuff" and I know my friends would love homebaked goods. So here's my plans for this year:Keep the Thursday stuff to a minimum......And make it a point to:

Big Holiday Hugs! Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, It's Suzie Button! I love your blog decoration for the Holidays, and I don't think it's too early! :>)
    Congrats on a wedding and a new grandbaby too! How much fun to have a Thanksgiving wedding! Let us see some pics, ok? Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just happened across you blog and I love it. Such fun. I love your things. Thanks for sharing. Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Christmas decorating. I am fighting hard not to do that myself... LOL! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your antique shop. Wish you were closer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, thanks for visiting my blog. All the kids in my banner are Grand kids. I have 7 grown children so when we get together it a complete circus. Have a happy day. Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the music Nancy, and your blog looks fantastic.

    ... come on it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you. Sorry, was singing along!

    Please pay me a visit. I have an award waiting for you. Hope you are fabulous and congrats on the upcoming wedding. I am so happy that you have a reason to celebrate!

    xoxo
    Rhonda...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so pretty Nancy!!
    Wow maybe I need to switch to blogspot:)

    Fun!!!
    KayEllen

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... :o) Giggles and grins to you, Nancy!!! I'm all for more Sunday!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about getting rid of fall...It's only mid-November and I'm itching to start pulling out the Christmas trees! Your 7days of the week towel/curtains are the cutest thing in 7 counties!I'm gonna take thousands of mega-pixels of pictures this year so that when we're in the assisted living together in our 90's, we can have them playing on our big TV and we won't have to decorate, we can just gloat about how cute our houses were when we were "young-uns"

    ReplyDelete