Thursday, September 16, 2010

Touches of Fall

Last year about this time we had a GNO at my friend Patty's house.  We always wonder after a get together why we didn't make something.  So I gathered up some cigar boxes and a little of this and a bit of that and we all made one of these.

DSCN4377

Of course each one was different and darling but I didn't get pictures :(  Mine sort of reminds me of the old original McKenzie-Childs stuff. 

DSCN4376

I loved the original trim so I left that as is…

DSCN4364

Some old dictionary pages, some handmade embellishments, along with some ready mades and it's a perfect place to keep vintage tally cards.  I decided any new collection should fit in a tiny box but are they ever hard to find!DSCN4367

Looking at this cute ball garland – wouldn't those have been darling to use as "feet".

DSCN4374

If I didn't do these computery things I'd probably never get decorated for fall…and I LOVE my fall decorations.  So slowly I'm getting it done – thanks to:

Cindy at My Romantic Home and Show and Tell Friday and

Claudia at Dipity Rd for Friday Finding Beauty.

Stop by to visit for some Friday inspiration!

bg_header_top

5 comments:

  1. I love it!! :-)

    You are SO creative and what fun to get together with friends for a little creative fun!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet way to store your precious treasures!!! LOVE it, Nancy!! Wish I had that talent you do!!!

    Good luck on your better health goals!!! It's so dang hard . . . wish I had the metabolism I had in my pre-40s. Heck, I'd be happy to have my 50s metabolism. Burning calories at this advanced age is so hard. . . especially if you like to eat. . . and I do!! :)

    See you at Pink Saturday!!

    L, Dana

    PS Bonnie and I are getting ready for our 4th annual tag sale. We have spent the last 3 days hauling, pricing, hauling, arranging. My eyes are spinning in my head from exhaustion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love.
    Just pure love.

    Suz
    Katsui

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just a delightful find!! Way to go, girly! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your sweet blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at FrouFrou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your creations up at my link party - Fabulous Friday Finds! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrou Decor~

    ReplyDelete