Friday, September 24, 2010

Live Pink Love Pink

We've been doing Pink Saturday for so long that "pink" has become a verb, a noun and still has her old job as a colorful adjective! I had a wonderful birthday lunch with my girlfriends and then a day spent with my family not to mention a Longhorn victory in Lubbock!– My friend LaVerne made these adorable angels with the best advice:

Live        Laugh          Love

DSCN4442

With a head that holds the key to happiness they have pink wings and are just adorable.  What a perfect gift~ thank you so much LaVerne. I love them!

DSCN4439  From my son and daughter in law I got this beautiful bouquet of flowers – snapdragons, hydrangeas, mums, alstromeria and straw flowers and the prettiest pink gerber daisies.

flowers1

Loving Pink…Living Pink….on this pink Saturday…I'm joining Beverly at How Sweet The Sound and a host of pink blogs for our weekly get together!

11 comments:

  1. Dear Special Birthday Girl!! I have been so crazy busy with our annual Tag Sale that I haven't been blog visiting.....but you know you are such a dear friend....and even though I was bad about dropping by the last few days...I still love ya and hope you had the bestest birthday!! That Laverne is one talented friend...she put such a special touch to your special day!!! OMG ...those flowers are out of this world!!!

    I loved your Harvest Post, too!!!!


    Our sale has been a big success....I'm blind tired and we start back up early in the a.m........just wanted to say hi and Happy Pink Sat to YOU!!!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Nancy! I'm glad you had such a fun lunch with your friends. I love what Laverne made too! and the flowers are beautiful! Continue to celebrate all weekend too! Happy PS! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday. The flowers are beautiful and the little angels are darling. Off to visit more pinkies, have a great weekend.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your birthday was wonderful. Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy.

    I love your birthday angels. That was such a sweet gift from LaVerne. All of you girls are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little angels-such a great idea for scrabble pieces. Lunch with friends is always so special. Happy Pink Sat.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!

    These are cute keychains! What an adorable idea.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    In Shoes We Trust,
    Maggie Mae @
    "Do These Shoes Match this Purse?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes on your belated birthday. Those are great little crosses. Your friend is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh,my stars, I'm sooo embarrassed...I bought those cute creations at the Peddler Show here in New Braunfels...they just had "Nancy"(and Jeff) written all over them...I thought you would enjoy them in your studio...Please accept my appologies for not clearing up the misconception...you know how we love taking credit for all sorts of cute things clearly labeled Made in Somewhere-else...I could have made them and would have made them if I had had the idea and the time...but sadly, I didn't. They are pretty danged cute and I'm glad I bought them for you...I did, however, grow the beautiful flowers just for you...LOL, LaVerne, your red-faced friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are all so lovely. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday!! What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday....love the live...love ....laugh...great words to live by...

    ReplyDelete