Thursday, September 9, 2010

Matchbox Swap

Have you ever done a Matchbox swap?  I've never done one until recently I signed up for Linda's A Swap For All Seasons Christmas Swap.  She comes up with some really clever ideas and this is really cute!  Decorate 25 matchboxes and put one tiny little gift inside each, mail to her by Oct 31st and then by Dec 1st she will mail back 25 matchboxes to each swapper for a little advent calendar!  Each made by a different person.  I'm about half way done with mine.   I thought mine were cute enough until I saw some on her site – whew – they are adorable.  You can see those here

As usual – I'm all over the place.  I could never work on an assembly line because I hate making anything more than once…maybe twice!  DSCN4321

DSCN4324

These little boxes are so much fun to do.

DSCN4332

And of course I had to do a few in pink and aqua.   These have tiny little button ornaments on them and some vintage Holly leaves. 

DSCN4335  Then I got into a "sepia mode"

DSCN4338

And then I got  matchbox block and couldn't do anymore so I decided to quit and blog!DSCN4337

These will work for Cindy at My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday and I think I'll slip them in for Claudia at Dipity Road's Friday Finding Beauty.   For Pink Saturday Beverly at How Sweet The Sound has suggested we might want to write about 9/11.  I'm not sure if I will – who will ever forget – and I find myself bitter about it lately so who knows but like all of you….I remember. 

xoxo Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Nancy~~~~

    These little boxes are adorable!! {do you have to use tweezers to decorate them?!}. You are really creative but I can see where you can have a lull in the creativity. I can't wait to see all of them!! I think the old time Santa is my favorite!! :-)

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy- they look so cute! I had a few friends over to my house last year to have an advent matchbox calendar party and they are very fun to make! But I only could do about 6-8 per sitting...swapping them sounds great!
    :)Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh are these ever beautiful! I agree with you about making anything more than once let alone twice. This is why I don't have an Etsy shop! All together, though, your boxes are wonderful. Your swap partners will be so tickled to receive these! Have a lovely weekend! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your cute little boxes.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are adorable. I shied away from this swap...A little overwhelming for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are SO cute! I especially love the sepia ones. Totally understand what you mean about making the same thing multiple times but you are doing a stellar job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, they are all sooooo gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete