Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dress Your Family in Pink and Hot Pink

OOPS! I'm an idiot! I changed a setting on comments and apparently almost no one could leave a comment! Thank you IDH for letting me know. I hope it's fixed but then again maybe you're sick of reading this fascinating stuff and I have no blog friends. Uh oh - I better get some therapy for this low blog esteem but they'd probably just tell me to journal in a blog. Then again - maybe it was the setting. LOL (added late Friday)

Never ever let it be said I let having two sons stop me from dressing us in Pink!  And by the way you guys you are so in for it….I've uploaded about 40 years of old slides which means I have an endless supply of pictures with which to bore you!!!!  Join me now in my Magic Pink Time Machine! LOL

Here I am in Pink8-21-2010_019 with my swarthy looking husband. (He's really not that dirty...it's the slide silly!)


And here's my little boy Jeffy dressed up in hot Pink, a white bolero and knee socks.  What? Okay – maybe we were heading to a wedding – maybe we were in it!  Maybe that couple just celebrated 40 years! Geez we're all old!

8-21-2010_017

Anyway – two years after these pictures were taken I had another baby – another boy.  Would you like to see his nursery?

8-21-2010_005

8-21-2010_002He had a hot pink baby bed and the wallpaper was called "Who Me".  It was a darling room.  Green and white ticking stripe wallpaper on the ceiling and three walls  and then those cute little pink jungle animals on the 4th wall and bright green carpet. 

Isn't he the sweetest little guy with his little bird legs and he loved looking at his pink jungle wallpaper.   (That hanging thingy looks a wee bit dangerous – I think I moved it  Actually we did all kinds of dangerous things – like drink coffee with caffeine and a drink if we wanted. Walkers and carbeds!  Do you see those preggie ladies on Mad Men?  It's all true – smoking and drinking. Who knew?)

So I am here today traveling back in time to let you know you can "live Pink" even with boys.  And they both grew up and married….girls no less!  

I'm joining Claudia at Dipity Rd for  Friday Finding Beauty, Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday and Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.  Hard to get to all the blogs but it's worth a try!  Have a Perfect Pink weekend!  xoxo Nancy

18 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy... You are lovely in your pretty pink dress! The crib is pure charm :-)
    Thanks so much for your visit:-)
    Happy Pink Sat to you :-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy all I can say is COOL PINK POST. My sister had 2 boys when I was in my teens. She would have NEVER put them in a pink room. Me on the other hand...had 2 boys and a girl. You betcha' she had a pink room. Now as you might remember, we live in a pink pastel coloured cottage.
    HAPPY PS AND FFB
    Love Claudie
    xoxo
    P.S. LOVE the song Sade is singing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,
    I LOVED this post!! Yes, there were times that my 2 boys wore pink too!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, you look so gorgeous! When my son was a toddler he followed his older sister all over. He even wore her pink tutu when playing with her. He's 23, was an athlete in high school, and has a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! How cute you and Jeff look in your wedding garb...I love Brandon's bed...but, you're probably right about all the "dangers" we exposed our innocent children to...those slats are probably too far apart and that crib would be recalled today...love the new header...so beautiful and sweet. Have a Pink week. Laverne

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Jeff looked so sweet in that photo....quite "the lookers" I would say!! Jeffy was adorable in his attire,too!! Pink WAS his color! Loved the nursery and Brandon in his PINK crib! :) Yes, Nancy, the Mad Men show is so on the mark about our lives in the 60s and even 70s. It's a danged miracle any of our kids lived to adulthood....or that we're still kicking around at our advanced ages! :) I LOVE that MM show and now I'm also hooked on Reubicon (sp). Lordy, I don't have time for any housework these days with all the shows I enjoy! That's OK...the dishes don't mind soaking a big longer!

    My hubby and I went to the Irish Fest last night...after Bonnie and I had walked the festival in Independence I posted about. It's been a very busy weekend so far....and it's not stopping. I need to go buy two bd gifts for parties we're attending later today....better get moving!

    Hope you have a great PS and wonderful LD Weekend and hope you sell out in your booth!!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures. You really love pink! Have a great, pink weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your old pictures and the fact that your boys grew up with pink! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment about my chandelier. I would love to see the one in your garage when you finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing these pictures-the bedroom is so retro now. It has such charm! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New to your blog this week. Love your pink..Pink is for everyone and everything..enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post! When I saw the picture of you in your pretty pink dress I thought WOW, she looks so much like I did back in the day, she could pass as my twin!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Nancy, Happy Pink Saturday. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Love your pink post this week.
    Blessings, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet. My first grandson just turned a year old. It amazes me how things have changed. They were even told no crib pads. Who knew? I don't know how my kids made it adulthood :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your post! What a great story for your son to tell his children someday.... I bet he grew up to think "outside the box"... :) mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun pinks! And I loved the old photos!

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL...I have loved this post! A pink crib.....I love it! Happy belated pink Saturday and hope you are having a fabulous holiday weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is very cute!I am hosting a 50dollar CSN Giveaway on my blog. I would love for you to stop by. Thanks Anu!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Nancy, I love your pink dress! And you're so pretty in it! Your little boys are so cute,and,yes, I too love the little bird legs! Have a great labor day! Suzie

    ReplyDelete