Thursday, June 3, 2010

Something Old

Something new, something borrowed, ….something blue. (And something Pink, something showy, and a little Beauty too!)

I just finished A Swap For All Season's swap for June or summer.   Hopefully by the time I post this my partner will have received my package!  I found the cutest little frame and altered it.  It actually is a pencil holder…

DSCN3070

that opens into a double frame.   Open…

DSCN3045

closed.

 DSCN3044

After this picture I decided to embellish a bit more with some vintage velvet millinery flowers.  And add her name.  

DSCN3067 

I love printing on transparencies and found that if you reverse your image before printing the ink is on the inside – less chance of smearing.   Since that worked so well I swiped an image off her blog of  my partner and her sister.  Here it is as an overlay on a canvas I did.   I think I'll do some more of these for Paper Cowgirl.

DSCN3058

Have you seen these before?  A little Mary E inspired fried egg flower made from a 45 record.  You DO know what a 45 is don't you?????  No?   Well, back in the old days….haha – nevermind.  Go ask your great grandmother!

DSCN3041

Since this post is also for Friday Finding Beauty here's something that really is beautiful.  Have you ever seen a Margaret Furlong seashell angel.  They are made of bisque porcelain.  A friend of mine collected them and had a whole Christmas tree done with them – it was stunning.  This one however was heading for Tennessee. 

DSCN3037

I don't want to keep the wedding party waiting…. DSCN3060

they are anxious to hop in the box and be on their way.

DSCN3073

So that's it for me for three, count them, three blog parties.  I don't normally do one post for all three but I'm behind on my three swaps for Paper Cowgirl.

Be sure and visit:

Claudia at Dipity Road for Friday Finding Beauty,

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , and of course…

Beverly at How Sweet The Sound who hosts Pink Saturday.

xoxo Nancy

20 comments:

  1. ooh fun.. love the whole package. One lucky recipient! You are quite clever. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! What a wonderfully lovely box! You are going to make your swap partner most happy!

    Back Porch Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is one fun box! full of beautiful goodies! and your partner must be a happy camper when received this! happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky, lucky Sharon! Your creations are always amazing and you "find" the neatest "stuff"! Love everything you sent Nancy!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful creations! I have never seen anything like the picture frame/pencil holder. What a wonderful idea!

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy, Your FFB is just charming. I have seen those pencil holders with no imagination what so ever. Look at yours wow. I think there is a "sisters" theme going on in blog land today. I posted about sisters.
    I used to buy 45 records every Sat. with my allowance. I paid $1.00/record. Mostly Beatles then lol
    Never saw a fried egg flower. CUTE. Never seen a seashell angel either. Lot's of "not seen this before" today lol
    The bridesmaids...priceless! Lucky Sharon.
    I love it all Nancy.
    Have a great weekend
    Love Claudie
    oxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful things!! Makes a wonderful package.
    Come to my blog and win $50 CSN gift certificate.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my sweet friend... thank you so much for joining in with us at FFB :) you help make the beauty so fun!

    What a fantastic gift and the presentation is marvelous.

    Im going to come back and do something fun like this VERY soon.

    Hugs GF.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your swap partner will be NUTS over your gifts!! CLEVER GIRL with that pencil holder so cutely embellished/altered! Great hint about printing on transparency!!

    I hope you have had a good week....I know you must be tickled PINK over your Paper Cowgirls fun which is coming up real soon!!

    Happy P. Sat. L, dana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nancy.
    I LOVE my package! It arrived today. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful and fun goodies.
    I love the art piece with my family photo!!!!

    I took some photos of my goodie box for you. I hope to post them this weekend.

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Pink Saturday!


    This package is very elegant!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your post! Yes transparencies are the best! Have a great day. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOUR SWAP PARTNER IS ONE LUCKY CHICA DEE....LOL SUCH BEAUTIFUL ITEMS!!! OHHHH YES I DO KNOW WHAT A 45 IS....LOL :) HAVE A HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy,

    Wasn't this just the best swap ever?

    My partner gave me the most beautiful box full of sweetness. I had so much fun doing this swap. I'm glad you did too.

    Have a great weekend. Happy Pink Saturday,

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL! I thoroughly enjoyed your post and creativity. Yeppers, I ran across the one 45 I have yesterday. I remember 78's and red & yellow records. Oh my! Happy Pink Saturday! Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh everything is so nice!

    Happy PS!

    Maggie @
    Do these shoes match this purse?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is fabulous!! I would love for you to visit My blog. I am also hosting a Giveaway from CSN for $40 dollars !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Pink Saturday.

    Your swap partner is going to be thrilled because you have put together an amazing swap for her.

    You are so creative. And, I well remember 45s. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. HELLO NANCY,

    ABOUT THE LINK TO MY FRIENDS ROSES~!! SHE DOSE NOT HAVE A BLOG BUT I COULD REACH HER, I THINK SHE WILL BE STARTING TO SELL ON EBAY, I WILL CONTACT HER AND FIND OUT AND LEAVE YOU THE INFO TO HER EBAY SHOP, WHEN SHE DOES :) THANKS FOR ASKING WILL BE IN TOUCH !!!

    ReplyDelete