Friday, June 11, 2010

The Paper Girls

Yesterday I said I'd show you the paper dolls I made for a Paper Cowgirl swap.  These girls are really hard to photograph and they are all rather…uh…one dimensional!  I used some Victorian greeting cards that I've had for years and really didn't like the cards but they were so expensive of course I couldn't throw them away.  So how great to finally find a use for them.  I have a lot of trouble making more than one of the same thing so this followed the pattern but still allowed me to just sort of grab what was in front of me!  The face was on one of the greeting cards and had really big hair and a giant hat so I got to give each one a different hair cut!  They didn't start out as any one style but when they were done this is how they looked to me! 

The twins are so excited to be featured for Pink Saturday.  They wore their prettiest pink floral dresses.  As you can see they don't get a lot of sun!

DSCN3174

The Teachers must be British…they really dress up to go to work – I'm sure the one in the middle is Lady Di – if you get my drift!

image

Now -  these girls are French – they look like Degas ballerinas to me!

image

Their cousins…the French Canadians are always on the fly!

image

And this last sweet gal looks like she's one of the Jetsons crossed with a fairy!

image

At least I'll have pictures of them because nine of them are going to other people.  My granddaughter really wants to keep the last one so she'll probably come back  home with me.

Be sure to see one more "doll" – Beverly at How Sweet The Sound who hosts Pink Saturday each week.  Then you really must stop by LaVerne's Riverside Studios.  She killed two Coral snakes herself this week!  I'd say coral is a deadly shade of pink – wouldn't you????  xoxo Nancy

9 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy.... I love your paperdolls... reminded me of my sister and I making paperdolls from the Sears catalog back in the 1950's at Grandmother's farmhouse...

    Can hardly wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dolls are wonderful. . . love how you played with them long enough that you turned them into their own awesome personalities and looks! I think Claudie must've been your inspiration for the French Canadian Cirque Gals! :) Love the little cherries you gave to the Kinder(garden?) Teacher, to. Were they from a Mary E. collection? Your swap pals are gonna flip when you present them with your creations!

    Coral Snakes!!! OMG...I don't know if I want to see that or not! Did LaVerne have to have a little "belt" to get over the encounters? I would have needed more than a single slug of something to settle my nerves down!

    Hope you have a great PINK SAT. down thar in Texas....we're cooking in KC....in the 90s.

    L, dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. LOVE. THE. PAPER. DOLLS!!!!!!!!!
    Actually I used to have a shoe box full of paper dolls and I still love them. Once I bought Thirty tickets for a raffled off Paper doll quilt. Dang. I didn't win. Now I'll have to make my own....someday.
    I love your music, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was just too cute for words. I love your paper dolls.
    Happy Pink Saturday hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been a busy girl .There is allot of work.LauraQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! You are really talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, you always amaze me. These are gorgeous. And, you definitely made me giggle with Lady Di. I was going to say she is a dead ringer, but then I realized how awful that sounds. Oops! I really like Princess Diana.

    Happy Pink Saturday. I'm working on my southern - just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the paperdolls! And, the very creative outfits! Fun!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete