Friday, June 10, 2011

Pink Bluebirds

bluebird divider

Heading into summer I start replacing much of the pink that was out for Easter, spring and Mother's Day with brighter colors so it's getting harder to find things for Pink Saturday.  Recently, however, I bought a huge amount of stuff from the sweetest girl who was a merchandiser for upscale stores.   She decorated store windows for baby shops and did displays for Nordstroms. Now she's pregnant and decorating her own nursery and selling her huge stash of goodies that she used. 

Copy of DSCN7944

I was ecstatic when I saw this bluebird – and she had not one but five of these guys!

DSCN8142

So I'm keeping one and selling the others in my Etsy store.  Isn't he darling?  What is it with Seasons of Cannon Falls who made this guy? They get you hooked on stuff and then discontinue it.  Maybe they started out as drug dealers.  I bought the iron door knocker with the interchangeable toppers and fortunately I have one for each season because they quit making them!  The one I don't have is the heart.  I found it on ebay and it cost a fortune! 

Anway…I think the other bluebirds were overwhelmed by his size at first since he's the Baby Huey of bluebirds  (and I'm sure that reference is totally lost on most of you because hello I'm  Methusala!)  but then noticed

Copy (2) of DSCN7939 

like all of them he's also has some pink and if you have pink in common then you must be a nice bluebird or even blogger – and soon he was just part of the family!  These guys just make me smile.  I saw a brochure on Flickr showing the original prices at Woolworths – 25 cents. Ack!!! Of course at that time you couldn't have given them to me.  Wouldn't you love to go back in time for just a few minutes.  RightNowNancy would tell FiftiesNancy to buy them all and while you're at it pick up some Holt Howard pixieware! 

pixieware

See what I mean??? Haha – give me a break.  No doubt this ebayer did go back in time or travel to the future or maybe that's not dollars but pesos!

holthoward2

What would your today self tell your kid self? I think I'd mention when you hear about an upstart called microsoft and even though you might think it's a pillow just buy some stock!

Sooo… time traveling back to today I'm joining Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday. 

Hope your weekend is wonderful! xoxo Nancy

28 comments:

  1. The bluebirds are wonderful. Seems amazing that McCoy pottery among others made all the pottery for florists and we didn't save it. I love all the old 50's stuff.

    Good post.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bluebirds! What a find. Happy PS!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over your Lefton blue birds...and these from Canon Falls. I can't locate any Lefton Blue Birds around these parts at all!!! Bonnie looks for them, too. NO blue birds.

    Ha ha!!! You're in the Pink Sat. Driver's Seat this Pink Saturday! Good for you!!!

    Gotta make it short and sweet as I have to dash out and birthday shop for the Grand Girl.

    Have a great Pink Saturday!!!!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bluebirds are adorable! I didn't appreciate all the cute things that came out in the 50's and now I am sorry as it is all so expensive today!
    Your post made me happy just to look at those darling birds...I may have to run to your Etsy Shop and buy one!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed all the things you shared, but the dressing bottles are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many things I didn't want back then and now I'd love to have like my great grandmother's old sewing machine that my mother put out at the curb on junk day. She asked first, but I didn't want that old thing. Live and learn. The bluebirds are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are just TOO CUTE! I don't think I would have been able to give up any of them! Of course, that's probably why you'll see me on a future episode of "Hoarders"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful find! I just love your display of bluebirds.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post. I had a sweet little bluebird a long long time ago and I dont know what happened to it...probably lost in one of my many moves but thanks to you today I remembered it.
    HPS
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am visiting from Pink Saturday and I love these bluebirds. If I could go back in time, I think I would be a little wealthier :-). I used to love Baby Huey cartoons when I was little. This was a great post. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet bluebird collection!
    Happy Pink Saturday Nancy
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bluebirds are wonderful.
    Happy pink saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nancy~
    This post had me howling...of course I remember Baby Huey. Your birdie is so cute, even if he makes the others nervous.
    When I think of the stuff I got rid of after my mother dies I could scream...but who knew? My kids would throw all of my treasures away so I think I'll pass them on to others who would appreciate them before I get too old and incapacitated.
    I am finally startig to craft again...God, it's been a long year but I am feeling much, much better and am working on my June tag which I'll post soon. Yours is darling!! I WILL catch up-promise!
    xoxo
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can certainly understand why you couldn't leave any of these sweet little pink bluebirds behind. And kind of you to let the extras go to someone else who will also enjoy them.

    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those darling birdies. I like 1950's type things. You found some great stuff. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Baby Huey is the cutest little Blue/Pink Bird I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Pink Saturday! These birdies are so adorable. I love them. Stop by and visit with me too!

    I'm your newest follower!
    Ciao Bella


    CREATIVE CARMELINA

    ReplyDelete
  18. HPS!!!!! Sweet little birdies here ! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! Cute post! Happy pink Sat! Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute and funny - and I DO remember Baby Huey!

    Have a great Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your bluebirds but i dont see them listed on your etsy site... how much are you asking for one?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the bluebirds...You're sooo right about the things we could have bought back in the day...unfortunately if I hade bought such cute little critters, they would not have survived the purge when I went into the decorative mushrooms and lemons phase during my yellow/orange/avocado period...or they would have lost favor when I went over to the dark side of the brass and baskets and shells era during the 80's...Yep, if I had ever bought them, I would probably not have kept them...that's why your antique shop is such a lure...and your bluebirds collection is wonderful...right now I'm watching a little house wren on the screened in porch...can't tell yet if she is hunting spiders or a nesting site, but she's a cute little thing. Stay sool...literally, stay cool and have a Pink Week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those cute little blue birds!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Testing...having trouble commenting on posts I visit via the PS site...I may be calling you later for tutorials...Later.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your bluebird/s. Just precious.
    I'm bj over from PS. I just linked up to follow and hope you will come by my place soon.
    I'm a grandmother of 10 and 1 little tiny great grandgirl. We have lots of fun and they wear me to the bone and.....I LOVE IT.
    XO bj

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ha Ha....I suppose I'm older than old too. I often refer to the big fuzzy bumble bees as "those Baby Huey bees" and get that look of - yeah, what? It doesn't dawn on me that the person I'm talking to has no idea who or what Baby Huey is, until after I have said it and get that look. But then, I often wrongly think that everyone is on the same page as I am. :-)
    Anyway....love your blue birds...loved the post.

    Wishing you a very pinkishly beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete