Thursday, June 16, 2011

Baseball Champions!

It's no secret – I'm not a baseball fan but my grandson, Quentin,  plays and he's good…really good.  Isn't it amazing how a grandkid in the game makes it so much more interesting?  I just wish they played in an  air conditioned gym!

bbcard

Earlier this month they played in  the State Championship for his age group.  Here he is at bat.  He's about the smallest guy on the team and the opposing team makes a bad mistake -  they underestimate him.

DSCN8108

He can play all positions but mostly he's the catcher.

DSCN8086

This was the first game of the series they won. DSCN8045

During the first game some of us…like this good looking kid, ahem…..just kick back and enjoy the game.

Me?  I  watch the game in the blazing heat – oh my gosh – it's so hot here thinking "oh my gosh it's hot it's hot it's hot".  Our 15th day over 100 degrees.  DSCN8100And then some like this guy are multi taskers.  His bike was on some lift-a-ma-jig allowing him to watch the game while spinning…and texting ….visiting with the lady in the pink chair and drinking a cup of coffee.  Holy cow that's getting it done!  DSCN8036

The Action team went on to win another game that day and the next day two more….and then they played the final game and guess what???

q111

They are the State Champions!!!

q112-horz

So in July they play for the National Championship and lucky for us it's right here in Round Rock, Texas this year.  I'll keep you posted!!! 

DSCN8055-1

Is there anything better than a grandkid ?  Yes!!! Two grandkids!

This is my post for Beverly's Pink Saturday  so thank goodness for that lady in the pink chair!   Last weekend we spent the whole time helping my son move so I had no time to visit you guys.  I'm really hoping to make the rounds this week.  xoxo    Nancy

14 comments:

  1. Boy we've got great looking Grandsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do have great looking Grandsons!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    I am not a fan of league baseball, either, except when one of our wonderful grands is playing and then I am thinking it is the best game ever!
    Jil
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only time I enjoyed baseball is when the gr-son's played.

    CONGRATS! to the team ... what GORGEOUS young men in your life.

    Happy PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful you get to see his games. I have to give you kudo's for watching in that heat. He's lucky to have you too.

    HPS

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday, Nancy.

    Congratulations to your sweet grandson. I have one very sweet grandson, and I agree that they are the best.

    The lady in the pink chair was watching in style. Stay cool. The heat is the main thing I have against baseball, too. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little fellows can surprise us at what they can do. I have a six year old great grandson that is involved in all sports and does very well. He is small for his age too. He played first base catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What FUN!!!! I wouldn't be able to contain myself if I were you!!!!!!

    I don't think I ever missed a single baseball game of my son's....from T-ball...to 18! It was super hot, as you said, but it didn't seem so bad when the boy you loved was out their playing!

    My son was always the catcher, too. He, also wasn't very big, but was a magnificent catcher and a great hitter.

    I ADORE that photo of your grand boys....I'm so glad you shared them with us and I hope you give us a blow by blow of the team playing for the Nat'l Championship!! How wonderful that they made it...and how double wonderful that they are playing so near to grandma and grandpa!!

    Happy Pink Saturday!!

    L, Dana

    PS There is no way I could multi-task like that dude!! I really can not walk and chew gum!!! :) Good eye on that PINK chair....sometimes we have to get real creative, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  8. well i do love baseball..and you do have very handsome GRANDs. We only have one but are blessed to have him, I can only imagine double the blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HaHa...Psychic Bloggers sounds awesome!!!! Sometimes I really think we are. . . psychic and awesome!

    It's hot here, too, but not as bad as you guys are having it....yet. We were blessed with rain last night and today....our yards were very happy.

    My foot is doing a lot better....about 70% well, I'd say. That's another reason I've struggled with my running improvement....I only go out a couple of times/wk instead of 3 times, because of my tootsie.

    Keep cool.....maybe you need a nice cold margarita! Hmmmm that sounds really good to me!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the entire Reeb clan!!!Any chance they could get air con in the Dell Diamond in time for the series? And they get RINGS for goodness sakes???!!! what a memory maker for one and all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, how about five grandchildren:-) All have their talents one of our granddaughter splays baseball too, she's quite good too we had no idea she'd excel in a sport she's very tiny. I'm with you it's sooo hot! Hopping over from Pink Saturday. I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I remember as a kid I would only go to baseball games for the hot dogs and cracker jacks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky you to have a great looking grandson! I do remember those hot days in the stands with my sons little league.
    I wanted to let you know I am having another Giveaway. Here is the link with the details in case you'd like to enter:http://prettyistoo.blogspot.com/2011/06/monday-bunday-giveaway.html
    Good luck with the championship!
    Blessings, L

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stopping by to say "Hi!"...

    and I'm so happy about your team! Those are a couple of good-looking grandsons you got there!

    blessings. Dixie

    ReplyDelete