Thursday, June 2, 2011

You Go Girl

A few years ago I painted a couple of things for a friend of mine who is a diagnostician for a school district near Houston.  She has these in their room where they do evaluations of preschoolers.

Using one of my scrapbook doodling books – I pretty much just painted kids like the doodle kids.

DCP_0951

If I have something to follow I can pretty much do it. 

DCP_0950_edited

And sometimes I surprise myself once a painting is finished.  I have no good pictures of the girl painting.

DCP_0950_edited (1)  

Boy oh Boy – these are really big – I think about 4 ft long which is actually easier to do than a smaller size.

boys1_edited

I did black and white checks around the outside of the canvas.

DCP_0955_edited (1)

They work great for welcoming nervous little ones into a cheerful, non threatening room.  That's my little share for today!

I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday and

Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday

xoxo Nancy

13 comments:

  1. How cheery! Fabulous job. I'm sure she loves to come to work and see your special artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Thanks for sharing this stunning piece:)

    Sanghamitra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, to take your gift and share it with small children hand in hand, smiling and learning, children of all kinds, you have a gift, not just anyone can simply look at something and freehand these paintings. Keep Sharing your Gift. Blessings Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former speech therapist, working with kids k-12 and pre-schoolers, too, I can say that your paintings would certainly be loved by the youngsters. I'm sure your friend was able to use them to engage the children in conversations that helped put them at ease...and thus make the testing process a whole lot easier for her and the kiddos!

    We just returned from our "FIrst Friday" art walk in KC. Woo=wee....it was SO danged hot and humid...I looked like I'd been in a shower by the time we finished. It was an "interesting" experience.....but I probably won't be crazy about going again. Right before we met our friends for that, our family met for dinner to celebrate the Grand Girl's 5th birthday!!! She's into Hello Kitty BIG TIME, so we showered her with that imported stuff....it wasn't something I enjoyed buying.

    Gotta get ready for bed. We are heading out to a flea market early in the morning....gotta get my beauty sleep!!

    Happy Pink Saturday!!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I would love to have these hanging in my in-school suspension room. They are precious. I doodle all the time, but never come up with lovelies like yours. They are so dear. I am a retired6 th grade English teach who only made it out 1 year before returning to my school to keep the “I Ain’t Done Nutin’” crowd. Have been doing it for 8 years now and love it. HPS from Genie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! So cute and cheerful. Happy Pink Saturday!

    Back Porch Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! You did a great job!


    Have a great weekend!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness~~very cute Nancy :)

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    xo
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an amazing job! I think they are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your paintings are a lot of fun! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy! I have had such fun catching up on previous posts. I love your Pink Saturday montage! Love your found Scottie planter, and truly love your puppies hats! You are such a creative inspiration to me, and I so enjoy every visit to your blog. Hope your start to summer is going wonderfully! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete