Thursday, June 9, 2011

June Happy Homemaker Tag

vintage vacation
I'm time traveling today! For Elizabeth's Happy Homemaker year long tag along and for my year of celebrations this month I'm celebrating Summer and not this summer but 1959 summer.  The station wagon is packed and we're heading to the lake.
 5605115626_2374f0eb8c_o
I'm feeling toile today (as if I knew what that was in 1959) so that's my tag background.  Ahh – carefree 1959.  Did you have any of those tie at the shoulder outfits?  I did and I'm happy to say I did not have those bloomers…except for my shorty pajama bottoms!
4004883544_8fb3ce4066_b 
Put on some baby oil to soak up some rays.  In 1959 the sun was friendlier and no one worried about skin cancer and the only wrinkles were in your dress you pulled out of your Samsonite suitcase!
 st5
It was most definitely a simpler time and my tag is fairly simple this month.
st2
That evesdropping girl – isn't she cute – I'm sure she's listening to her big sister!  The tag seemed unbalanced to me so I added a brown ruffle.  My A-D-D kicked in and of course I couldn't make two identical tags but they're close enough.
st4
I think the background  is, like my memories, sepia toned and the sun and ribbon are the bright spots.
st6
I don't know what the little girl is thinking but I was drawn to that image because she seemed happy. The bottom trim – no reason…it  just looked summery to me.
st1
Can you believe the year is half over – I'm really liking this once a month deadline – and I'm determined to finish out the year.
hhtags
Have a wonderful summer – heading back to 2011 now to get those pig tails cut off!
See you in July butterfly!  xoxo Nancy
I'm also joining Cindy @ My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday and of course
The other "taggers" at the blog Elizabeth of Bluebird Papercrafts has set up for us here.

7 comments:

  1. So cute!!
    Happy Summer to you too~~

    I love all the vintage graphics and paper art!!

    Have a great weekend,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome tag, I love all of them. Couldn't pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tag she sure does look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly enjoyed my visit with you. I loved all the things you shared and can relate to them. We also have the same sign, Virgo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EAK! Nancy! You have outdone yourself if that is at all possible. I hope you will allow me to feature your tags in a a post about our swap. I don't want anyone to miss seeing the beautiful artwork. I am trying myself to catch up with tags to join back in. LOL, I still have six months to go, I keep telling myself. Thank so much for sharing your talent with us! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so darling! I can hardly stand it. I need to go back to the place where E has set up and see everything else.

    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is just darling. I actually pooped out for June. It got away from me and here you are saying you will finish out the year good for you. I love 1959 as that is the year I graduated from HS.

    ReplyDelete