Friday, June 24, 2011

The Lost Pines Kennel Club

Uh oh – I can't remember if I've ever  shown you pictures of this or not!   I'm going on the assumption that you probably don't remember either so I'll proceed.  Any objections?  You may continue.  I mean I may continue… Three guesses as to what I've been doing the past few days.  Good lord – the testimony seems to be getting in the way of the sidebars.   Anyway…. Here it is time for Pink Saturday and I'm scrounging around for something Pink.

 

This is a box I made for my friend Judy for her birthday back in April.  I've  developed an interest – ahem - (obsession) with figurines from the 50s that were made in Japan.  So for my yaya buds April birthdays they all got figurines!

DSCN7624

I covered an old Frost Bros box with soft blue '40s wallpaper and vintage dictionary pages.  An old prize ribbon floret was the perfect embellishment.

DSCN7620

I was going to replace the ribbon part with a different one

DSCN7621

but I decided to leave it because nestled inside was this sweet little figurine.

DSCN7623

A little pup who looked so much like Judy's sweet old Bailey who died last year.

DSCN7622 

Bailey, Big Lilly, and Spanky – three old dog friends belonging to three old girlfriends.  They were all so darling together.  First Bailey died, a year later my first Lilly  died and just a few weeks ago Barbara's Spanky who I absolutely adored   - died.  She was a little Yorkie so full of vim and vigor who seemed to have nine lives.  At almost 15 years old she quietly slipped away… blind, mostly deaf and on her own terms.

yorkie

Spanky used to come stay with us on a regular basis – we all just adored her and she's missed – a whole lot.  Isn't it wonderful how our pets bring so much love to our lives.DSCN7619

Stop by to visit Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday.  Thanks for letting me have a little doggie remembrance today.  xoxo Nancy

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful box & adorable pooch. So sweet a gift.
    Happy PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, what an amazing creation. . . and what a heartfelt post. I'm still teared up from your description of the three old dog friends and the three old girl friends. Old is used in the best way there.

    I'm sure Judy was just elated with the embellished box and the sweet vintage pup. Not only are they both beautiful, every little detail was picked with a keen artistic eye and a huge, loving heart.

    You are truly a friend to treasure and one who truly treasures her friends.

    Happy Pink Sat......and I'm trying really hard to send some more rain your way!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved my visit with you and seeing your pink show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely box....cute figurines...
    Your friend must have been very delighted
    Have a pinkishly beautiful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. The box turned out sooo lovely! I'm sure Judy treasures it just as she did her sweet Bailey. Happy Pink Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this?
    So sweet.
    Happy Pink Saturday..xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea -Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Pink Saturday Nancy Sweetie...
    Oh what a sweet but a little sad post. We are always so attached to our pets, we hate to see them cross the Rainbow bridge. I sometimes forget they are getting older as well.

    Love your box you decorated and how beautiful and appropriate is the ribbon on the outside. I love it, and especially the gift nestled inside. Just the perfect gift for a perfect friend. He looks so comfy inside too.

    Thank you for sharing sweetie. A beautiful Pink Saturday share. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! I always look forward to your posts---AND your comments!
    Dang! I wish I hadn't thrown out those ribbons for placing in potato sack races and other important events.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh Nancy! This post had me on pins and needles! I couldn't wait for the box to be opened. You write the most and fun posts ever! I wanted to let you know I have moved the Tag Along to my own blog. The HHTA is for anyone to share favorite paper art with all of us. I am so looking forward and hope you will share something with me. I am away for the 4th vacation; so I wish you in advance a wonderful day with your family! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!!
    Sooo very cute Nancy!!

    I love the Pink Kennel club ribbon!! and vintage birdies~~

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    xo
    K

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely treasures and memories. Our puppy friends are so dear to us, aren't they? I've enjoyed visiting you this morning.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful, beautiful creation and I love your tales of your dogs. I am a dog lover, as well, and am resting this moment with my dear Sophie and Harvey. There is nothing like our dogs, is there? They are so unconditional in their love.
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete