Thursday, November 11, 2010

Show and Tell Friday and Pink Saturday

I'm sharing a few things around my living room today.  A little

DSCN5086

vignette that I have in the living room on an old wicker table.  I really am loving the softer tones of autumn this year.

 DSCN5084

So I'm working in more white.  That squirrel is part of the snowbunnies collection.

 DSCN5085

I made this little art piece in a class I took at Paper Cowgirl last summer.  It was really a fun and relaxing project taught by Joanna Lewis.

DSCN5081

Here's a fabric pumpkin I sewed a few years ago sitting in an ornament holder.  It sort of reminds me of Cinderella's coach.

DSCN5083

Some old Gurley turkey candles I have in the pie cabinet/tv holder.  I don't have a flat panel tv yet…am I the only person without one?!?

DSCN5089

This is in the living room simply because she's waiting to go to The Roost as soon as I figure out what to put on her.

I picked up yards and yards of brown tulle at GW for probably 75 cents and putting it here just got it out of the way.

DSCN5093

Now I was on a roll designing a dress so I added a pale pink boa and my giggle necklace – honestly it's like playing dolls having these around!

DSCN5091

I figure she needed a purse and how about that plunging neckline?  So there you go…Friday and Saturday all rolled into one post.

I just really have to show you this.  My kids were over for Jeff's birthday last Sunday.  Here's my DIL and Granddaughter.  Are they not just the sweetest sitting there knitting together?  But this is the difference between boys and girls……

DSCN5113

at the opposite end of the couch my two grandsons. Wallowing all over wrestling trying to squish each other.

DSCN5107

And yes, I pulled out my finest china for the event and we all drank horchata.  We are party animals!

Linking up today (like you've read this far) to:

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday and

Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday. 

18 comments:

  1. I love family times like these! The last picture is too funny...the girls knitting and the boys wrestling. It could be on the cover of The Saturday Evening Post!!

    Love all of your pretty fall treasures...the squirrel is adorable and I love the bird art piece you made, so cute!

    Happy Thursday!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAMILY...
    isn't that what life is really all about...?
    Ah...I can just tell that you are a treasure to them...as much as you do them !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fam is cute!!
    What the heck is horchata?
    I love your tulle draped bust.
    I have 3 feather boas in the barn. I should dig them out and put them in my "Hooker Bedroom!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a fun family for sure!!! I looove your Gurley turkey candles, you've inspired me to get mine out!!! Your vignette is so much fun and I love your squirrels! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~downs

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the family photos...that squirrel is so cute...love the boa too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The squirrels are just the cutest. I love love love your craft project. Isn't it wonderful to have such a talented & fun family?!
    Licks & Wags, Niki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink Saturday, love the family shots. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool diorama of the birds. your work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your photo's today and have a Happy Pink Saturday. That's so cute about the boys vs the girls...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adored the family pic...it's so sweet!

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, what fun activities for grandparents and their grandchildren! My grandkids are a few years younger for the most part. We've just started with potholders and crocheting. I'm hoping for family memories that will include them older and doing great like your grandkids - awesome! (And would you believe, I have the boys doing it too! Wonder if it will last? :) )

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so funny!
    You party animal!! lol

    Happy PS :))

    Love that squirrel...so cute!!

    xo
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know that I love pictures of family!! And, of course, you know also that we have not one flat screen TV in this Ohio house!!!
    Love, Buckeye Jude

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why replace a TV that's still working? Anyway, the longer you wait...the cheaper those flat TVs become!! You're very smart!!!

    Love the shares, Nancy! Your family looks so cute on that sofa...knitting and wrestling!! Looks like they are having a good time at grandmas!!

    Love your decorative shares!! You did score big with the GW Find!! Are you selling the dress form, too, or is that "for display only'? I have one little turkey candle like yours....my mom gave it to me years ago.

    I didn't know about the Snowbabies Squirrel!! Too cute. I agree....I'm liking the softer tones of autumn, too. Do you think it's our age...and we just need more "soothing" than we used to?

    I was in the flea market from you know where yesterday.....OMG.....it was painfully slow, dead, dreadful, confining.....I could go on and on. Live and learn.....I do that a lot! :)

    Hope you had a great PS!!!! L, dana

    ReplyDelete
  15. This picture is too much fun and a little too honest about boys vs girls. Hehe. Thanks for having me & your blog is lovely. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...I just love your bird piece from Paper Cowgirl! Just a wonderful piece!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...I just love your bird piece from Paper Cowgirl! Just a wonderful piece!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete