Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tis The Season

Halloween is over.  (These are the little pocket books I made for the neighbor kids – sort of a little inspiration book with stuff to decorate the pages themselves)  Did you get your fill of candy?  I heard where one dentist was buying candy from his little patients - $1.00 a lb.  The candy was sent to the troops overseas and they mainly used it to give to the kids in the middle east! Isn't this just sending cavities overseas??? Anyway…

treats collage

So I'm wondering…do you go right into decorating for Christmas? Do  you skip Thanksgiving?  I have Bunco DSC09722

at my house this month and can't decide if I should go ahead and start  decorating for Christmas

DSC09730

or just put away the witches and use my fall decorations.

wat stilllife

Now that I'm seeing these pictures from last year I just can't leave poor old Thanksgiving out.  Then right after Thanksgiving I'll start my Christmas decorating.  How about you?  What do you have in the works?

I'm joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for the first time today for Table Top Tuesday.

LargeLogo[3]

6 comments:

  1. I love the little pocketbooks and I am sure the little trick or treaters loved them, too. I offered pencils and scary rings with my candy and they really loved that. Less cavities, too I guess. I honestly don't know what to do with the extra candy I bought...I am going to freeze it but it is still very easy to sneak into! lol!!

    I have my fall decorations out and I will add a few Thanksgiving things...but I can wait on Christmas. My house is small and I have limited space...I can't decorate for two holidays at once!

    Have fun with your bunco group!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh~ok the bags are ultra cute!
    what else was this post asking? lol because i am stuck on those bags and your giving spirit !

    what a doll you are !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall decor is so pretty, and your home is lovely. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. On our first trip to Disney World when my son (now 25) was 5, I bought a pair of ceramic Indians in Frontier World ... had to have them! I remember being so careful with them and wrapping them so carefully in the luggage. I bring them out every November. It always reminds me of that special trip. I might have to do a post on them! I also have a few turkeys that I place around. No skipping Thanksgiving for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little kiddos were lucky to receive your amazing gifts..you are soooooo talented!!

    My HWeen stuff is still out in full force. Today...it must be removed! I'm tempted to start putting some Christmas greenery out.....but I will hold off. I have lots of stuff out now that can be my "fall/Thanksgiving" look until I decide I'm ready to bring out the Christmas stuff.

    Gotta go fix lunch for the hubs to take to work!! Have a swell day!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to wait till Dec 1st to decorate for Christmas....I like to enjoy Thanksgiving first....

    ReplyDelete