Thursday, August 12, 2010

Moonflowers

You've all probably seen Moonflowers before – I had only seen the small vine type before my neighbor gave me these along with some seeds.

DSC06806

You aren't supposed to be able to cut them but I did and they were so pretty for a whole day.

DSC06805

Here's mine a year later.  See the pods -

DSCN3703

at dusk they just slowly start to open and then POP!

DSCN3707

They put on quite the show…

moonflowers1

only until the next morning and then…

moonflowers2

gone!  Until that evening and the whole cycle begins again!

I'm joining Claudia at Dipity Rd for Friday Finding Beauty and

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

6 comments:

  1. Your moonflowers are enchantingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this post!
    How refreshing!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen them before...so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen moonflowers before, they are hot weather plants which like humidity aren't they? Do they have a scent?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned something today. I never heard of moon flowers. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss my Moonflowers...I only got rid of them because they took over the entire back flower bed. but oh that amazing aroma when they filled the evening with their sweet smell. would you save me one of those burr looking seed pods this year? I may be ready to give them some space again. Thanks for posting the pictures. I just transplanted my lilies from you and I saved two bulbs for Carol.

    ReplyDelete