Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Sweetest Gift

I don't know why but the moon is in my thoughts lately so I'm linking to Words To Live By with a post I did earlier this week. Such a beautiful song - it's worth turning your sound up.

"The moon is brighter since the barn burned" Matsuo Basho
Looking on the bright side!



This is for my son Brandon - carrying the light of the moon. Love Mom and Dad
Quietly while you were asleep
The moon and I were talking
I asked that she'd always keep you protected

She promised you her light
That you so gracefully carry
You bring your light and shine like morning

And then the wind pulls the clouds across the moon
Your light fills the darkest room
And I can see the miracle
That keeps us from falling

She promised all the sweetest gifts
That only the heaven's could bestow
You bring your light and shine like morning

And as you so gracefully give
Her light as long as you live
I'll always remember this moment

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy. I read this sweet post....and watched the slideshow of the awesome photos this morning. What a heart-filling tribute to your "baby boy". Happy Birthday, Brandon.


    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect song and perfect post for your sweet baby boy...grown and gone? no matter, he'll always be the baby...lovely lump-in-the-throat post...Nancy and Jeff, our babies are men now. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies doesn't it? Oh My Goodness, what a terrific post for a sweet and delightful boy. Happy Birthday to Brandon this year and always Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, it is a lovely song! I'm up early this morning to work and saw your comment on my blog and wanted to visit you for a minute. I'd love too one day to go to Mary Englebreit's art retreat! Have a great week! Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is very dear! I just followed you from Elizabeth's blog and am anxious to see everything. It beautiful.

    Suz
    http://katuijewelry.blogspot.com Come and visit if you would like. We really aren't all about our jewelry!

    ReplyDelete