Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kitchen Show and Tells

Recently we changed the kitchen up a bit and moved a "table for two" in and our larger table out.  This  table is a little drop leaf that is scheduled to be painted…the legs will be red and the top an off white along with the rooster chairs I'm painting a creme color.  When this house was built in 1909 it had no cabinets, a wood burning stove and a cistern/well outside the back door providing water.   My point, however, was to share those cute little anthropomorphic wall pockets above the table.

 DSCN2711 

I bought the whole box of these at an auction for about three dollars with a bunch of other stuff in the box. I love the the little sunflower faces.  Don't they look happy?  I made a half-hearted effort to sell them on ebay and was sooo happy when they didn't sell.  (I do have a business – LOL)

DSCN2914

The table was to sell also but some things just are meant to be kept!

DSCN2712

I look around my house and very little is left that isn't from an auction, estate sale, ebay, garage sale etc….when did my motto become "out with the new…In with the old???!!!"

DSCN2713

I would show you my dining/craft room but I promised A & E t.v. that I wouldn't post pictures until my episode of  Hoarders airs!!!!

I'm joining two fun Friday memes:

Claudia at Dipity Road for Friday Finding Beauty   and

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

Some really fun blogs participate so stop by to visit.   xoxo Nancy

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE it and your turquoise shelf too! The kitchen is charming and the little faces are so fun and vintage...

    I have a yellow Mccoy post giveaway going that would look perfect in your kitchen! Stop by!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet kitchen. I like your drawer pulls and your chair with the rooster in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy kitchen..
    yummy blog...
    can I follow ya...
    hugs,
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi cutie!! What a fantastic kitchen! I am not surprise it is such a deliciuos one-- just like you.

    Thanks for joining us! I became a follower -- can't believe i hadnt previuosly.

    Hugs!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with that kitchen of yours....and I think I can totally identify with the "out with the new and in with the old" concept of yours. There is NO comparison to what's out there in the market now and what was in days go by. The old is far better than the new....hands down!

    I can see me at that table with you one day....sipping a big old glass of WHATEVER and loving our time time together!!

    L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first visit to your lovely blog via Finding Beauty Friday. I will be returning! I adore your kitchen - the rooster chairs ooze country charm! I too like to be surrounded by things that make me happy and have history. We own an 1880 Victorian farmhouse. (Too funny about being featured on Hoarders!)

    I invite you to stop by my blog and be sure to enter my giveaways as well.

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful kitchen! I love it. I so wish I lived in an older home and could have a warm and welcoming spot like yours. xoxo R...

    ReplyDelete