Thursday, May 27, 2010

Show and Tell Friday…Finding Beauty!

   I thought this would be a good weekend to share some pictures of a Round Robin travel book  club I was in. Five of us each chose a country for our book and  the pages that we did in each others books. We each chose a country and I chose the good old…

DSC05120

Which of course gave me ample opportunity to add in the State of Texas….and that's a beautiful thing!!!!  Just ask any Texan.

DSC05126

Here's some pages I did in the Mexico book.  I grew up on the border in the Rio Grande Valley – 11 miles from Mexico.  Palm trees and orange trees that perfumed the whole valley in the spring – what do you call that?  A memory triggered by a certain smell?

Our country's flag flying in the breeze – what could be better?  Oh yeah… the Texas flag right next to it. lol DSC07812

Of course anything can use a bit of glitter no matter how big.

DSC07816

And here are a couple of pages that I did in my own book – I used an old children's library book.  This has been a fun project which I need to get wrapped up in the next few weeks – I have one persons book left to do my pages in for the US of A.

2844173534_a3642218d1_o

We live in one of the most beautiful places in the world.  We need to take better care of our country….

DSC06990

and be thankful for those who fought to make it sure it stays…"land of the free and home of the brave"

Today I'm joining:

Claudia at Dipity Rd for Friday Finding Beauty and

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.

xoxo Nancy

5 comments:

  1. Well, I'll allow as how you're from Texas, cause I'm from Texas, too...really just raised there, I claim Oklahoma as my home..
    really cute post..lovely blog...
    I use the Papyrus type,too.
    Connie at Living Beautifully turned me on to it...
    blessings.
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nancy! So glad I found your lovely blog today! Love your round-robin pages--beautiful!

    I hope you have a wonderful Memorial weekend--I'll be back often to say hello and see what you're working on...

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over to visit by way of Dipity Road and so enjoyed looking at your LO's, I can tell you are a true GRIT.
    ~Maggie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also such a fun stop when I come see you!

    You bring out the beauty and a smile to my face.

    thanks darlin for participating with us.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did in the books Nancy! I will treasure mine forever. Thank you again for joining my round robin. I hope you loved it as much as I did, even though it did last a long time, lol. Hope you are well and to chat soon. I miss you! xoxo R...

    ReplyDelete