Sunday, May 9, 2010

Words To Live By – In My Life

a-1

There are places I'll remember
All my life though some have changed.
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain.
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall.
Some are dead and some are living,
In my life I've loved them all.
- - -Beatles "In My Life"

Mother's Day… bittersweet for me nowadays.  All the "mother figures" in my life are now gone.  My own mother who died young so many years ago is but a dim memory.   I miss my sister…a lot.  I no longer look for a special purple gift for my mother in law, Jane.  On the flip side, I've loved being a mother to my two sons and was a huge part of my oldest grandson's life.  So I send you back to this post from several years ago – remembering the ones gone and those who remain….

"In my life I've loved them all"    xoxo Nancy

Happy Mother's Day

Joining Tracey at Notes From A Cottage Industry for Words To Live By!

5 comments:

  1. Both wonderful posts, Nancy. I think all women are mothers at heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you on this Mother's Day. I would love to have you visit my Mother's Day post when you get a chance.

    May you have a blessed day.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nancy, I know how you feel in so many ways. We lost my MIL when we were in our early 30s and my only sis 20 years ago. I was lucky to have my mom until I was 56. I also feel fortunate to have two of my own kids, who for now, live close. I try to enjoy every moment I can with my grands...and not be too big of a pest to their parents:) In a few short years, they won't be thrilled to see me any more! So, now that you have made me cry this morning, my dear cyber-pal, I just want to add...I'm betting you were/are an awesome mom and daughter and DIL. The folks in your life must have always been doing flip flops because of YOU in their lives.

    Now, I must do a few mom/wife duties. Vac. the wood floor and mop. The crawling grand boy looks pretty bad after he's been all over the floor if it is still sticky from many days of food and WHATEVER hitting the floor...the cat hairs sticking out of his little clinches fists and mouth are not a good reflection of his Nana's housekeeping skills. Darn it .... I'd rather be at the computer these days than swiping a mop or dust cloth. Anyway, I must get to work.

    I wish you a good day, Nancy. L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mothers Day Nancy...nice post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel Nancy...I miss my mother something awful..still after all these years,I think of her every day. I wish you gentle peace and blessings.... Happy Pinks and Happy Mothers Day..

    ReplyDelete