Friday, August 7, 2009

Pink Saturday - Worry Free

I wanted to show you a picture of Lillie Louise in her  Pink party hat for Pink Saturday.

DSC08077

but she wasn’t quite on board with the whole idea! 

DSC08078

So instead I’ll show you a bit of my journal from my lettering  class I took with Cindy at Paper Cowgirl.DSC08086

It says…

that birds of worry fly over your head you cannot change but that they build nests in your hair you can prevent”.DSC08095 Using an old book I chose shades of pinks mixed with blues and dry brushed the book pages.  The clear alphabet you see is the neatest little trick Cindy taught us.  It’s just a photocopy taped to  packing tape soaked in water and magically the image stays and the paper rubs off.  We drew the nest in Madam’s hair and stamped the little bird there.  (She did not heed the warning!)

DSC08096

The next page is a wonderful truism…”we are shaped and fashioned by what we love”

DSC08093

This fabulous looking nest is a cutout from a napkin adhered to the page with Golden’s medium paste.  So, today I got the book out and embellished it a bit more and worked on the opposite pages. 

DSC08094I think I’ll use this journal to write favorite quotes and poems.  Starting with:

What dreadful hot weather we have!  It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance.  ~Jane Austen

After visiting Beverly at How Sweet the Sound and all the bloggers joining in today….stop by Cindy’s Yapping Cat Studio to congratulate her. Some of her creations have just been published in Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Crafts that just came out yesterday. Way to go Cindy!

Take Cindy’s advice and have a worry free day!   xoxo Nancy

22 comments:

  1. Happy PS, Nancy! Awwww Lillie Louise sure looks adorable in her pretty party hat! Your journal is wonderful! Great whimsicala quote! Very creative!

    Have a fun and safe weekend!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nancy, I LOVE your books! Did you take the classes in Waxahachie?
    I especially loved the journal!
    Your "baby" looks cute in his party hat too! Happy Pink Saturday!
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little LL looks so cute in her hat. Bet every day is a party with HER in the house.

    I loved your journal pages---that tape idea is amazing! I just visited the link for Cindy....I just bought that book this week and had already ear marked that page of hers cuz I thought that was such a cute idea!! Thanks for letting us know it was HER in the book....how thrilling for her.

    Have a happy PINK SATURDAY!! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pink Saturday Nancy, this is so precious. Love the hat on Lillie Louise. She looks so happy to be sharing with all of us today. Just precious. THanks for sharing. Please stop by and say hi. I would love to have you visit. Country Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwww, thanks honey! And LOVE the way your pages finished up. Very, very good! You've inspired me to go in there and mess with mine a bit! You did a wonderful job and thanks again for your kind words on the publishing.

    -c
    yapping cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that journal.
    don't bark don't bite...party dog...dancing in the moon light.
    Come over and see my lamp show today.
    Have a good one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal is so pretty Nancy! I wish I could write like that!
    Have a wonderful pink weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, your sweet little Louise is absolutely precious in her party hat! I love the advice on worry, and your journal pages are beautiful. It makes me want to run right to my studio to create! HPS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luv Lillie's hat. Your Journal is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Stop by when you can. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post! Love Lillie's hat and your journal is awesome. I love to create too!

    Please stop by The Old Parsonage anytime, I love company!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the book. hope you have a wonderful pink day.
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved your post so much! Lillie is just wonderful in her hat & your book pages are to die for!!!
    Great job!
    Hope you are having a very lovely Pink Saturday!
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, I love your journal, and wow your beautiful puppy. I hope you have a lovely pink weekend.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lillie Louise is such a darling dog and beautiful sheltie! I'm totally crazy for shelties! (Visit my blog and see my shelties!) Love this post! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nancy! Lillie Louise is so cute in her hat - We try to put hats on our dogs and they, like Lillie Louise, are not entirely thrilled with the idea. Your journal is beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your visit over at my Pink Saturday post. Your Lillies reminds me of our Shanti. He was a Shelti. We had him for 13 years. He died 7 years ago. We have not gotten a pet since then. Maybe someday. Love your pinks today. Interesting idea with the tape.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your pink saturday post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's all so pretty and so pink. I love it.
    Hope you had a happy Pink Saturday.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww Lilli Louise is too cute in her lovely hat. She looks proud of herself.

    Your journal pages are beautiful. I love anything to do with nests and birds. the word trick is very impressive.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Pink Saturday,Lillie is beautiful in her hat.Your scrap book pages are so sweet.Stop by my blog if you have time.Have a great week.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy PINK to you Nancy! I seem to stay on a continuous pink blogger journey and I love it!

    I love the party hat for your doggie..I know my Miss Morgan would be less than pleased with wearing one.

    I love your journal and the quotes..great work!

    Drop by to visit anytime..I'd love to have you. :0)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Nancy! You have such an adorable little pooch!! Love the journal, too ~ so very pretty!

    Happy Pink Saturday waaay late!

    Big Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete