Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Friends Day

Friendship Day celebrations take place on the first Sunday of August every year. The tradition of dedicating a day in honor of friends began in the US in 1935. Gradually the festival gained popularity and today Friendship Day is celebrated in a large number of countries.  On this day people spend time with their friends and express love for them.

Happy Friends Day to Barbara, Patty, Judy and LaVerne.  I love this picture from LaVerne’s Thursday night party for her son and new dil.  We’re all helping clean up.  Even washing dishes can be fun when done with friends.

DSC07988

Mike and Jeff…enjoying being friends!DSC07979

Friends….a bright spot in my life.

DSC07975

And you, my blog friends, add a sweetness to my life!

Happy Friendship Day

xoxo   Nancy

who loves being your friend!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friendship day to you!!
    Looks like a fun gathering:))

    Smiles,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nancy my friend,
    We are practically neighbors! I live in Harker Heights (about 45 minutes from Pflugerville). I am sure you have heard of Ft. Hood. I am in the greater Killeen and Ft. Hood area. I had completely forgotten about scripto ink pens! Had to have one or two of those for school :) What is the name of your store and where is it located? I would love to visit it some time. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where would we be without our friends? I can't imagine. And speaking of friends, you need to check out my post (well, my post before my current post) where I featured your gift--and one Dixie sent. I LOVE my Texas friends!!! :)

    Hope you're having a great week! L, Dana

    ReplyDelete