Friday, April 15, 2011

Sick Sick Sick

sewing girl

This is what I'm doing right now – sewing felt cherries on my bra…my Relay For Life auction bra, goof ball…not the one I'm not wearing right now! Since we're having a huge yard sale on Saturday I've been moving stuff and my back went out and since my back went out I took medicine and when I got up this morning I was sick and dizzy from the meds.  I don't think I'm going to make it tonight – my bra will have to represent me! I love working at Relay – it's the best fundraiser ever. My team captain, Candy, works so hard and it's supposed to be really cold tonight and our group is down this year and I'm pooping out and there they will be in with the freezing wind whipping them around and I feel awful every which way.   The winds are roaring outside at about 35 mph and we can't finish setting things up for the yard sale.  I could at least lie in the recliner and direct. So what am I doing? Finishing my bra waiting on the glued on fringe to dry and posting on here.

Here's what we've done so far this week…

Painted a worthless sign but someone not me wanted this.

DSCN7536 Made big signs for the corner

DSCN7526

Here's the shed with dirty windows but I've got pink flowers!

Yard Sale

Inside one end ( sorry – the outhouse behind the screen is Closed)

DSCN7534

Chippy old shelves with

DSCN7533

A set of darling old counting cakes.

DSCN7519

The fancy

 

DSCN7512  One tent

DSCN7513

Another tent

DSCN7521

The  whole mess!

DSCN7524

We have tons of tubs of stuff to put out and lots of quilts and linens but it's just too windy.  If you live in central Texas we're in Old Town Pflugerville if you'd like to come. Email me and I'll send you the address – you can come help clean and decorate too and then shop! haha  I have lots of pink things!

2011-04-15

Anyway – back to my bra – what do you think? For a name?

Here's a little ME girl leaving home:  "A Good Foundation"?

DSCN7537 

"Remember"? "A Cup of Kindness – Get a Mammogram"?  I had another part of the transfer that said "Remember" so I ironed that onto some cotton knit and sewed it on.

relay bra

I tried ironing on a tshirt transfer and the middle didn't transfer so I had to make a remembrance ribbon to disguise the big screwup!  I made a hanger to match just to make up for it!  I do love the raggy shoulder straps.. 

DSCN7538 

and I see a whole bunch of threads I need to clip and I lots of little details to finish…on the bra not the yard sale!  Have a wonderful weekend.  xoxo Nancy

I'm joining Sue Love Cherries for Rednesday.  How could I not???

I'm joining Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for Pink Saturday and you should, too! 

For your listening pleasure I'm putting "The Boob Fairy" #1 on my playlist – seems appropriate, huh?  You have to push play though.

DoNE!!!

DSCN7560

18 comments:

  1. Happy Pink Saturday,
    That bra is wonderful,
    Happy Pink Saturday
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pink Saturday!


    I can't wait to see that bra!
    And...I have to make myself to Texas someday...


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. First visit to your blog and catch you with your bra on display - have to say You're my kind of blogger! Love the project and the blog. New follower! Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you feel bad, but this post is such a hoot!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. We are having terrible weather up in Chicago, too!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with cherries on a bra!!
    Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
    Oh my gosh what a beautiful share today. I love, love cherries, and that bra is so stinkin cute. You did an awesome job, and I love the checkered hanger as well. That is just adorable. For someone down and out in a chair, you did one heck of a job.

    I SO wish I lived close. Phoenix is to far. I would have already been knocking on your door requesting to see those little counting cakes. Now those are absolutely over the top. I LOVE them. Just love them.

    Looks like you all are going to have a real Texas Wing Ding of a time. Will be there in spirit sweet friend. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bra is a hoot! Actually, I really like it and the cherries add a lot to it!
    So sorry about your back. I can sympathize...mine goes out sometimes just bending over to pick up something off the floor!

    I know about your winds in Texas. One of our sons lives in Ft. Davis, TX. They live in Ft. Davis Estates and had to evacuate....they were so blessed....the fire swept through, but went around their home....about 33 homes were lost and one fireman is fighting for his live with 60% of his body burned with 3rd degree burns from what is called, I believe, The Stone Cabin Fire. That fire is still not contained!
    HPS!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bummer - your back and then side-effects from what was to help your back? I do hope you feel better, the winds calm, and your sale goes well!

    Happy PS,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!! That bra is so cute!! I love it and would bid on it. How fun!! Your yard sale looks fantastic too. I'd come visit but you're just a little too far for me. LOL Good luck with the sale and good luck with your back. I hope you're feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bra is just fantastic. What a great cause.
    Happy Pink Saturday...Feel better soon!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your bra...and I so wish I lived closer to you so I could come shop your sale...I see so many treasures in these pix.
    Best wishes for a very speedy recovery...and better weather. Here in OH, we have rain & the threat of thunderstorms...why does it ALWAYS rain on the weekends?
    xo
    Debbie
    ===^..^===

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Bra! Love the Cause! Good luck with it all and hope you feel better...I am a 16 year survivor and a new follower...Pinkim from TrulySimplyPink

    ReplyDelete
  14. oops, I am already a follower...but I did grab your button for my collection...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Once again, we are gathering to enjoy that yummy color....PINK....it is the most delicious color I know.... have a safe and pleasant week end...God Bless You...
    Kandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. YEEEEAAAAAAH! I'm sitting here listening to The Boob Fairy and drooling all over my computer screen at your AWESOME sale!! OMG...how I'd LOVE to have been there. You have it set up SOOOOOOOO cute!!! LOVE IT!

    I'm so sorry you're had back/meds issues. :( I think you're approach to "direct" was the correct thing for you to be doing. I also hope your sale was a huge success and that you're feeling lots better. Back issues are horrible.

    LOVE your bra....I know it was a hit at Relay!

    My "run" on Sat. morning went well. We had VERY cold temps and raging winds...but we were there running a 7:30 a.m! Insane, I know. It was a lot of fun, however, mixing with the REAL runners and youngins...I did great on my time and didn't have to walk at all, even though I wanted to by the last half mile. I didn't get many pictures, but I plan on sharing what I did get later.

    Have a great day and Happy Belated Pink Sat....I didn't think you'd posted this week..but my weekend was a blur and I didn't get much visiting done at all!

    Love you! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.♥♥♥♥♥

    I love, love, love your bra. It is adorable.

    I hope your sell was a huge success. And, I hope you back is all better.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the snoop around. (And all not mention your unmentionables!).

    ReplyDelete