Friday, April 8, 2011

April Happy Homemaker Tags

June 10, 2011...Is this cheating? Recycling a post from April? Nah.  I really wanted to join Stephanie's Wedding Party and I didn't get the Wedding Display done in my store so I'm linking to a post done a couple of months ago.  Thank you Stephanie!

In my year long "Year of Celebrations" theme I decided that for April we'd celebrate weddings!  I was married in April and even though my partner Scrap for Joy was married in July we're going to celebrate anyway!!!  Do  you need an engraved invitation?  Well here it is!
DSCN7472
DSCN7473
You can't see it but the year is 1909 and we've been married 102 years – okay not really. 1965…Just as long almost!
DSCN7474
When I got married we had a wedding about 3 weeks in the planning and that's a link to why!  I had a silk brocade knee length sleeveless dress with a matching jacket.  We never got any of our pictures from the "photographer" and this is one of about three we have.  So what the heck – I'm giving myself quite the long ruffle-y skirt and Jeff gets a top hat and fancy pants! And we have a photographer!!!! 
As you can see I've used the same elements on both cards but they're laid out slightly different. The same red headed photographer did both weddings!
This is how I initially lay out my tag to get the right proportions and print the elements I want to use.  This is done in Scrapbook Factory – a program that is easy to use and has a lot of features.  The blue is the exact size of our tags and I can adjust everything to fit like I'll want it.
image
DSCN7472
I used original German Scrap pictures for both tags.  Joyce can replace the little couple with one of her wedding photos. Here's what they look like before cutting them.  I carry these in my etsy store and they don't cost much so I used originals. 
DSCN6643
But I digress…. here is my tag for April.
DSCN7470
DSCN7471
What a coincidence.  My husband and Mr. Scrap for Joy wore the same pants!!!
On the back of the tag there we are leaving…on our way to becoming "Happy Homemakers"!!!!
DSCN7485
Thanks for stopping and I'll see you in May!!!  xoxo Nancy

26 comments:

  1. You are too funny! I do like the tags and you and Jeff make a beautiful couple! Happy anniversary! 3 weeks in the planning? I have to check out your link!

    Have a terrific weekend! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling card! TFS the story of why you married in such a hurry. It's a good thing you didn't decide to wait until he got back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just way toooo cute, i love everything about it!!! how did you get a partner? i didn't hear anything about a partner so i stoppedmaking two? I thought since the swap was kind of on our own there were no longer partners?? just sooo love your tags they are beautiful lovely work
    lizzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nancy
    Glad you popped in. I was having way TOOOO many problems with my Bubblin' Over blog. I'm having so much fun with this one.
    Nancy, your hubby and you make a cute couple, a little stiff but oh so cute, lol.
    Now about that SWEET scrabble game with the "gang". OMG really super cute. Where on earth did you get that sweet bunny? That little chick? That little doll? Let me go back and see if you sell them....
    I know Elizabeth. Isn't she AMAZING? I made a couple of her little styrofoam birds. Sent them off to there new homes : )
    Give Lillie and Iris a big smooch for me. LOVE their sweet faces. Lassie comes to mind when I see those eyes. I loved Lassie.
    Have a great Pink SAt. Nancy.
    Love Claudie
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, you are an adorable couple, and I want to wish you a Happy Anniversary!

    Love these cute things you made. You are so talented! Lots of cuteness in this post.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute way to remember such a special occasion in your life. As always, so pleased when you stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo cute, but then you and Jeff were such a cute couple...what darling details...the vintage scrap lends itself perfectly to your tag!!! Congratulations on the wonderful tag and the even better Happily Ever After...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful tags you have created and I adore that German paper art. I need to check out your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tags. The paper is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! You've done it again!! What an adorable tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow they are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fantastic! Since they are invitations, I would like to RSVP!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy....those are some wonderful tags!!! I especially love the one that shows the real you and Jeff on your wedding day!!! It's so great that you used the German Scrap pictures..they were perfect!

    I read your post about your wedding day. . . did we really live though the days of the dreaded draft...how we prayed our guys didn't get the letter or if they did that some how they could be exempt? The Vietnam War took the lives of SO many in our age group....and for what? It was a horrible time for sure. We lived through some pretty historic events in just a few years, didn't we? Are we really that old?

    I just laugh at the amazing details that go into planning a wedding in this day and age. You guys did it even faster than we did, however. There were very few blow out receptions in our day...mainly at the church with cake and punch! OMG..how that's all changed. We didn't have an official photographer either...just a cousin that took a few photos and most of them didn't turn out. :(

    Well you filled me with memories this time, Nancy. Happy Anniversary to you and Jeff....and I pray you have many, many more!!

    Love to you, dana

    PS I went to your etsy shop, but didn't see the German scrap pages...was on on a wrong page?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, You truly are a paper artist extraordinaire! Charming! Simply charming. I need more words to describe what a sweet tag this is and how much I admire your art! Thank you so much for continuing to tag along! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post is so cute and such precious tags!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What cute tags and cards. Beautiful post. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely beautiful! So charming!

    hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your beautiful and bright collection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute and funny post! Congrats on your many years of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look at sweet the two of you look. Isn't it fun remembering all the special times in our lives.

    I love your tags. I need to start making them again. I kind of miss the creativity.

    We've got you guys beat. We did our wedding with a one week plan because my husband was starting his senior year in college.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely darling, Nancy. You are one crafty gal. Love the wedding pictures.
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so awesome! Aren't you creative?!
    many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great idea and I love your post and humor! You are too fun! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nancy, thanks sooo much for joining the Wedding Blog Party and linking this fun post! I absolutely adore the tags you made, BOTH of them! And so funny how you described the special meanings attached to them. Love the ruffles you "added" to your dress, and the comments about the photographer (what happened to the pics?). Our photographer almost didn't show up ~ he was late and Mother called him ~ he had forgotten and was just about to go fishing!!! Luckily, I was oblivious to it all.

    Love the German wedding die-cuts you used. I went to your etsy shoppe but couldn't find them for sale. If you have more I'd love to buy some.....

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete